• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Most Variant Cover

16 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I'd call it the gimmickiest cover, but that's just me:

http://www.cbr.com/valiant-quantim-woody-most-variant-cover-all-time/

That was the point, I think...

Still needs trading card and polybag. Maybe a bullet hole.

Also not glow in the dark. Maybe they can hit two birds with one stone and include that via the stickers?

Just now, aerischan said:

That was the point, I think...

Still needs trading card and polybag. Maybe a bullet hole.

Also not glow in the dark. Maybe they can hit two birds with one stone and include that via the stickers?

They tried to do glow-in-the-dark, apparently, but couldn't get it to work. (They also tried with an arc of Ninjak a while back.) But yes, gatefold, polybag, and trading card. And a coupon for something.

I like it.  Valiant Comics are great to read, we keep hearing about Marvel and DC readers who have switched to Valiant because they had no idea the books were so good... but it isn't enough.  People spend more time and money on variants than they do on opening books and reading them, even better, ENJOYING what they're reading... so Valiant is basically saying, "fine, if you're obsessed with variants, then let's take it to the extreme and just do the most variant variant that can be varianted."  

Then, once that's done... let's try actually reading and ENJOYING our comic books again. lol

41 minutes ago, valiantman said:

I like it.  Valiant Comics are great to read, we keep hearing about Marvel and DC readers who have switched to Valiant because they had no idea the books were so good... but it isn't enough.  People spend more time and money on variants than they do on opening books and reading them, even better, ENJOYING what they're reading... so Valiant is basically saying, "fine, if you're obsessed with variants, then let's take it to the extreme and just do the most variant variant that can be varianted."  

Then, once that's done... let's try actually reading and ENJOYING our comic books again. lol

But they have been doing multiple incentive variants for individual issues since they rebooted?

23 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

But they have been doing multiple incentive variants for individual issues since they rebooted?

Of course!  You don't exist in this industry without variants... unless you have a hit HBO show... and even then... variants.

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:
2 hours ago, valiantman said:

Of course!  You don't exist in this industry without variants... unless you have a hit HBO show... and even then... variants.

Image did.

Image is a publisher for all kinds of separate creator-owned properties.  If we need to list the Image titles that died, we'll be here a while.

26 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Image is a publisher for all kinds of separate creator-owned properties.  If we need to list the Image titles that died, we'll be here a while.

Let's just list the ones that have survived next to the new Valiant titles that haven't rebooted yet.

10 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Let's just list the ones that have survived next to the new Valiant titles that haven't rebooted yet.

What are the print runs of the top Valiant books vs. the top Image books? Not too long ago I recall all of the valiant titles being sub-10,000 in monthly sales. That is not enough to keep a company going long term.