• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comicconnect November 2017 auction

244 posts in this topic

Lots of killer stuff coming up in the November comicconnect auction , a crazy amount of walking dead stuff and this crazy page from wolverine 75

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=707911

it will be interesting to see what goes on price wise with all the walking dead stuff , as there is just soooo much of it , and really key pages to boot! I just hope my girlfriend is ok with getting a few pages for Christmas instead of a Louis Vuitton purse ;)

Edited by Ryanfromottawa

52 minutes ago, Ryanfromottawa said:

Lots of killer stuff coming up in the November comicconnect auction , a crazy amount of walking dead stuff and this crazy page from wolverine 75

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=707911

it will be interesting to see what goes on price wise with all the walking dead stuff , as there is just soooo much of it , and really key pages to boot! I just hope my girlfriend is ok with getting a few pages for Christmas instead of a Louis Vuitton purse ;)

That's A LOT of Walking Dead....all at once. 

A Lot, A LOT. 

A whole bunch.....simultaneously. 

No spacing.

A big ole' pile. 

In rapid succession. 

7 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

That's A LOT of Walking Dead....all at once. 

A Lot, A LOT. 

A whole bunch.....simultaneously. 

No spacing.

A big ole' pile. 

In rapid succession. 

No kidding, you would think they would want to space it out over like 6 months or so.. but if you are a fan of walking dead , I would reckon that this would be the ideal time to buy as I'm sure some pages that would otherwise sell for a tidy sum, may be overlooked by people going after the AAA ones. As well as draining their accounts in the process

Edited by Ryanfromottawa

1 hour ago, Ryanfromottawa said:

No kidding, you would think they would want to space it out over like 6 months or so..

This IS them spacing it out - the collection is apparently just THAT large and will be spaced out for a number of auctions to come, not just for the next 6 months. 

Edited by delekkerste

5 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

This IS them spacing it out - the collection is apparently just THAT large and will be spaced out for a number of auctions to come, not just for the next 6 months. 

I can't imagine reaching out to cull some of the collection privately wouldn't have been prudent. 

26 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

Wow, well it's quite an extensive collection based on what's listed, some one clearly has put a lot of effort into compiling it.

44 minutes ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

Also, the Gold Age comics forum has a thread going about that Action Comics #1 colored silver proof. Seems like an appropriate topic of discussion here as well. Maybe even more appropriate.

It's a very interesting piece with tremendous providence, owned and displayed by Harry Donefeld... I wouldn't even know where to start with an approximate estimate for its value, 100k?? Anyway speaking of Donefeld , it reminds me of a good book about him called 'men of tomorrow ' in case anyone is interested in a good book about the beginning of dc comics and it's first publisher.

1 hour ago, MagnusX said:

Off Topic;

I never follow, read, bid, in the comic connect auction,
I found their web site difficult to navigate,
Hard for first time users.

A more friendly site will attract my attention
and get my bids and money..!

2c

And nothing against comiclink or heritage , but I for one prefer the 'extended bidding' over at comicconnect...... I feel it maximizes sales numbers for sellers, and totally eliminates sniping for buyers

Edited by Ryanfromottawa

3 minutes ago, Ryanfromottawa said:

And nothing against comiclink or heritage , but I for one prefer the 'extended bidding' over at comicconnect...... I feel it maximizes sales numbers for sellers, and totally eliminates sniping for buyers

Doesn't heritage live bidding run until everyone's all done bidding?

7 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

Doesn't heritage live bidding run until everyone's all done bidding?

It does, but it goes pretty quickly , it eliminates sniping as well, but you have to be on top of it and doesn't allow time for thought. Perhaps I should recant my previous statement and instead say that "as I love all three of the auction houses (and their willingness to give me time payment s ?) , my preferred method of bidding is comicconnect, followed by heritage, and then comiclink"