• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Thread closing tonight! All Books now 30-40% off! $5, $3, and $1 tables up now! ChiSoxFan's "What Was I Thinking?" Summer Sale! DKR, Carnage books, Deadpool lot, 1st Legion, Wolverine mini-series, Miller Daredevil, and more! RECAP Page 28!

608 posts in this topic

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns #1 -- NM -- 9.4 -- $100 -- SOLD VIA PM

This is one of those books I mentioned in the opening.  Never read, never opened (before I checked to make sure of the printing), hardly handled at all.  Absoultely immaculate copy.  :cloud9:

ETA:  While it's still a gorgeous copy, upon a closer examination of the book, I did detect a faint marking that crosses partly over the front cover in the blue portion below Batman.  It might be a faint scratch (it doesn't break color, and it doesn't show up in the scan -- I only saw it on additional looks when I caught it in the right lighting), or it might be something production related.  In either case, I don't feel comfortable in grading it at the NM+/9.4+ designation that I originally assigned to it, so I've lowered the grade slightly and the price accordingly.  A thank you to the boardie who asked a question regarding the book which led to me catching it -- better now than someone catching it in hand after a purchase and not being happy. 

Pics of the defect -- scratch, or defect, or whatever it may be -- are also included below.

Spoiler

tjgKFVCh.jpg

Spoiler

1FNPnj0h.jpg

Spoiler

dIXs5wSh.jpg

Spoiler

09pFiEUh.jpg

Edited by ChiSoxFan
Book sold!

Not a lot of stuff tonight, but we will add a few more books before calling it a night:

Black Panther lot #1-5 -- 1st appearance of Shuri in #2 -- $15

#1 -- VF/NM, #1 Ltd. Ed. -- VF/NM, #2 -- VF/NM, #3 -- VF, #4 -- VF/NM, #5 -- F -- SOLD to eee91 @ 10% off

Spoiler

XlXdrsPh.jpg

Spoiler

v61BODoh.jpg

Spoiler

wrxWEYMh.jpg

Spoiler

AM1Ma4Qh.jpg

Spoiler

vIw2xZIh.jpg

Spoiler

tvl8Rwqm.jpg