• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Stolen Comics Story That Ends WELL? Nice To See!!
2 2

36 posts in this topic

Read this today in the NY Daily News... nice to see you can always count on the stupidity of the everyday criminal as the last great hope in recovering stolen comics... especially books that are stolen ONLY becuase delivery services fail to do their jobs.    Sheesh!

Still, a happy ending is a happy ending!!

Stolen Spider-Man #1 & X-Men #1 Recovered

That's great, and thanks for posting!   @blazingbob posted about this one when it occurred but it got buried some pages back.  Guy seems to have a bit of history with the law, surprised he was released pending considering he's already on parole per the link you provided.

Maybe him and Lex Ledger will share a cell.

Edited by MustEatBrains

2 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

Article states that the alleged thief who was caught with the stolen property was out on parole. Meaning he has at least one felony conviction that put him in prison. No bail was set and he was released  (shrug) Guess the judge must not like funny books. 

When the jails are overcrowded, they usually let non-violent offenders out on bond/pr.   I've seen it happen over and over and over with a family member.   It's mind-boggling how many chances some people get. 

Part of what tripped him up:

“If you own something this rare, you're not going to try to sell it to any comic book store.”

2 hours ago, chrisco37 said:

When the jails are overcrowded, they usually let non-violent offenders out on bond/pr.   I've seen it happen over and over and over with a family member.   It's mind-boggling how many chances some people get. 

Overcrowded? Then build more. I say this guy has run out of his chances:

Gaynor, who has served four stints in prison — three for drug dealing and one for attempted kidnapping — was conditionally released to parole in May.

1 hour ago, Mackenzie999 said:
1 hour ago, chrisco37 said:

I don't disagree.  Just telling you what I've seen. 

It always blows my mind when you see some drunk driver on the news that has 7 previous DUI s...at what point to they just say "you're done, no more driving for you. Ever."

That often does very little - they continue to drive drunk even without a license.  Remember, criminals typically don't follow the law.