• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ALL-BAKER COMICS
7 7

515 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, sagii said:

I had the top two pegged right! It's been a blast. I'm at the office till 7, been looking in and out all morning.  Will opine further tonight. Thanks @tabcom you rock sir! 

FWIW, this is how I thought the final four would count down: 

4.  gce 12
3.  ss 4 
2.  pl 17
1.  cl 25

Remove the PL 17, and the rest is in the right order, at least.  

53 minutes ago, sagii said:

I had the top two pegged right! It's been a blast. I'm at the office till 7, been looking in and out all morning.  Will opine further tonight. Thanks @tabcom you rock sir! 

I was way off - CL 25 at the top of the heap was an easy call, but I really thought TLP 11 would rise high as well.

I'm not a fan of GCE 12 either, does very little for me.

And maybe I'm in the minority, but I like SS 6 much better than SS 4.

2 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

I was way off - CL 25 at the top of the heap was an easy call, but I really thought TLP 11 would rise high as well.

I'm not a fan of GCE 12 either, does very little for me.

I can think of several covers I'd put above Giant Comics Edition #12. It's just OK to me.

I like both Seven Seas covers but I just like shark covers in general.

8 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

We have a secret society, like the freemasons.  I'm glad fandom at large pays the big bucks for SS 4, leaving the 6 relatively affordable.  (The down side is that I may never own a 4, since it'd be so costly.)   

10 minutes ago, N e r V said:

I can think of several covers I'd put above Giant Comics Edition #12. It's just OK to me.

Shark covers, gooood.

Baker covers that look like something out of the Planet Comics run, goooooooooood.

I was really pulling for that Amazing Ghost Stories #14...

34 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

Shark covers, gooood.

Baker covers that look like something out of the Planet Comics run, goooooooooood.

I was really pulling for that Amazing Ghost Stories #14...

It was my number 4...almost glad to see it bomb :) maybe there's hope I can snag a high grade copy at a reasonable price now.

Edited by szavisca

2 hours ago, N e r V said:

I guess it's a matter of taste. To me is the pinacle of GGA. Just a beautiful bra less hottie with "that look in her eye" No distractions and I love the color scheme. I listed it at #1 with PL #17 as #2 same reason "That look in her eye"...