• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ALL-BAKER COMICS
7 7

515 posts in this topic

Let me just re-phrase this plan so it makes more sense to me... 

Choosing our three favorites will be used to compile the final ballot of ten candidates. 

We then submit that list of ten in our own ranking.  Simple math will then be employed, and each candidate's ranking numbers will be added together, and finally organized in a traditional David Letterman-style "Top Ten" order, with the highest voted candidate at the bottom of the list. 

Is this pretty much the gist of the plan? 

33 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Would you consider the final poll having 15 or 20 books on it? 

Depends on what kind of consensus appears. If all covers have more than one vote, yeah. 

Otherwise, maybe honorable mention (participation ribbons for all).

48 minutes ago, 29dukedog said:

Let me just re-phrase this plan so it makes more sense to me... 

Choosing our three favorites will be used to compile the final ballot of ten candidates. 

We then submit that list of ten in our own ranking.  Simple math will then be employed, and each candidate's ranking numbers will be added together, and finally organized in a traditional David Letterman-style "Top Ten" order, with the highest voted candidate at the bottom of the list. 

Is this pretty much the gist of the plan? 

Yes.

44 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Would you consider the final poll having 15 or 20 books on it? 

Might need to allow more than 3 choices to get a meaningful top 20...granted there's about a million ways to do this, none of them perfect... limiting to 3 choices makes each one more meaningful but something that might be number 7 on everyone's list could get left off entirely if its not in enough peoples top 3.... etc etc.  Cool to see someone take the effort to put this together though, definitely interested to see how it turns out.  I'd think you'd definitely get a good top 5 or so out of this method.

14 minutes ago, szavisca said:

Might need to allow more than 3 choices to get a meaningful top 20...granted there's about a million ways to do this, none of them perfect... limiting to 3 choices makes each one more meaningful but something that might be number 7 on everyone's list could get left off entirely if its not in enough peoples top 3.... etc etc.  Cool to see someone take the effort to put this together though, definitely interested to see how it turns out.  I'd think you'd definitely get a good top 5 or so out of this method.

No matter how this is done, no matter how many choices we're given, I can already tell you what most of those ten books will be.  In no particular order; two or three issues of Phantom Lady (probably 13, 17, 18), Seven Seas 4 and 6, Cinderella Love 25 and probably one other issue, Giant Comics Editions 12, True Love Pictorial 11... that's nine right there.  Maybe a Top 20 isn't such a bad idea. 

I'll be far more interested to see which books get the least number of votes and still make the list.  There may yet be some surprises... 

3 minutes ago, 29dukedog said:

No matter how this is done, no matter how many choices we're given, I can already tell you what most of those ten books will be.  In no particular order; two or three issues of Phantom Lady (probably 13, 17, 18), Seven Seas 4 and 6, Cinderella Love 25 and probably one other issue, Giant Comics Editions 12, True Love Pictorial 11... that's nine right there.  Maybe a Top 20 isn't such a bad idea. 

I'll be far more interested to see which books get the least number of votes and still make the list.  There may yet be some surprises... 

I'd also be interested in the top 20 - but I will say now that I have voted - none of my top 3 match your quick list of 9
(and I have 2 of those 9 amongst my 80 + Baker books)