• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ALL-BAKER COMICS
7 7

515 posts in this topic

On 9/20/2017 at 12:54 PM, 29dukedog said:

Let me just re-phrase this plan so it makes more sense to me... 

Choosing our three favorites will be used to compile the final ballot of ten candidates. 

We then submit that list of ten in our own ranking.  Simple math will then be employed, and each candidate's ranking numbers will be added together, and finally organized in a traditional David Letterman-style "Top Ten" order, with the highest voted candidate at the bottom of the list. 

Is this pretty much the gist of the plan? 

Almost right except you left out the part where my choices were given a triple weighting. 

25 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Honestly, PL 17 wouldn't make my top 50 list of Baker covers. :sorry:

I don't think I'd be that harsh on it but yeah there's a lot more Baker covers I prefer too including a couple in the Phantom Lady run. But as you can see by the label below it is listed as a classic bondage cover along with a SOTI use. Its got some history to it.

IMG_0818.JPG.4de595595b3c126b27b519d8217780c6.JPG

4 minutes ago, N e r V said:

I don't think I'd be that harsh on it but yeah there's a lot more Baker covers I prefer too including a couple in the Phantom Lady run. But as you can see by the label below it is listed as a classic bondage cover along with a SOTI use. Its got some history to it.

IMG_0818.JPG.4de595595b3c126b27b519d8217780c6.JPG

Yeah, I think the SOTI angle gave this one a boost in early fandom.  I much prefer Kamen's cover to 23 (but that's an old debate!).

lf_zpsiggmpqio.jpg

3 hours ago, tabcom said:

In order to get a longer list, I've modified the rules in the OP.

Phase One

Send me a PM of your top THREE Baker’s Best Covers.

I will update the thread with those that have submitted ballots.

I will compile a list and report the top ten for the final ballot which will have all entries that has received at least TWO votes (currently 18 covers).

Voting expiration, Sunday morning 6:00 am eastern.

Phase Two

Everyone submits their ordered preference from the final ballot list. 

Final ranking will be compiled by adding the ranking numbers, lowest number ranks highest.

For example, if 50 people voted phantom lady 17 #1, it would get 50 pts.

:headbang: Awesome!!

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

Yeah, I think the SOTI angle gave this one a boost in early fandom.  I much prefer Kamen's cover to 23 (but that's an old debate!).

lf_zpsiggmpqio.jpg

You forgot about the pink pages on #17 too.:baiting:

Edited by N e r V

Voted List (31):

comicjack

Sqeggs

szavisca

BitterOldMan

29dukedog

exitmusicblue

manetteska

Ricksneatstuff

sagii

NerV

torontodesignguy

comicnoir

sacentaur

SuperGrover

Robot Man

Yorick

X_Phile

1950;s war comics

RareHighGrade

damonwad

Scrooge

SushiX

BakerFanOne

The-Collector

Hudson

Pickie

Crowzilla

Timely

RICK STARR

MBFan

Ltpink2002

21 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

lf_zpsiggmpqio.jpg

Okay, I've said this before, the PL figure is Baker lifted and flipped from a panel in, I believe but I'll have to check, PL 15. The background is done by an unknown, maybe Kamen.

57 minutes ago, comicnoir said:
22 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

lf_zpsiggmpqio.jpg

Okay, I've said this before, the PL figure is Baker lifted and flipped from a panel in, I believe but I'll have to check, PL 15. The background is done by an unknown, maybe Kamen.

I'm sure you'll have to say it again in a few months after I attribute the whole cover to Kamen for the tenth time or so. :insane:

50 minutes ago, BB-Gun said:

Do you think Feldstein inked the splash or is it Orsin?

37202319216_5b8dc87116_b.jpg

Not Osrin.  His lines were not as flat.  This almost looks like pen and not brush.

6 hours ago, 29dukedog said:

It's getting down there... just over 12 hours left to vote for your three favorite Baker covers.  Don't get left out.   

And then the action begins all over again (Phase Two) as we see the final ballot, and submit that list in our own ranking.  

ds16_pb.jpg

Good gosh, that is just killer

PM ME YOUR RANKED COVERS

Amazing Ghost Stories 14
Authentic Police Cases 6
Cinderella Love 25
Diary Secrets 26
Giant Comics Editions 12
Going Steady 10
Jo Jo 25
Phantom Lady 16
Phantom Lady 17
Phantom Lady 18
Phantom Lady 23
Seven Seas 4
Seven Seas 6 
Teen-Age Romances 14
Teen-Age Romances 32
Teen-Age Romances 43
Teen-Age Temptations 2
True Love PictorIal 11

Baker Cover List.jpg

1 minute ago, Sqeggs said:

Prod needed for the slow-witted:  So this is Phase 2 and we rank all of the books listed? hm

16 hours ago, 29dukedog said:

And then the action begins all over again (Phase Two) as we see the final ballot, and submit that list in our own ranking.  

Just now, 29dukedog said:
2 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Prod needed for the slow-witted:  So this is Phase 2 and we rank all of the books listed? hm

16 hours ago, 29dukedog said:

Oh sure, show off your reading comprehension skills! :taptaptap: