• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay Getting Deeper in Your Wallet
1 1

88 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, lizards2 said:

Not sure what your point is, as hardly any of your post applies to paperheart.  And my post was written a little tongue in cheek.....,

I got the humorous part, sorry didn't acknowledge it. : D

Not directed at paperheart in particular (who's obviously well regarded here), except that the iffyness/dice roll of listing here nudges some toward ebay as a starting point (with or w/o the 10% decrease or increase ;) ) to simply do the work once.

I'm not a big fan of 'feebay' but this thread has included commentary on the pros/cons of using it.

Edited by grebal

6 hours ago, paperheart said:

Ebay :cloud9: Where have you been all my life?  Between the Photobucket fiasco and the board "upgrade" finally decided to try Ebay with the 40 odd slabs i've been pimping here forever with marginal success.  Jacked them up 10% and offered free shipping, sold over 20 in a month. 

Yeah, the only downside to selling here is the lack of movement.  Here you're getting the players in the market, who want a deal.  On ebay, you get everybody - the players, the fans, the readers, etc..  Wish it were easier here, so one could skip most of the fees and such.

This can only apply to people receiving offers through Ebay messaging and then sell a book that way. If I list something on Ebay that doesn't sell but a week later sell it on here or anywhere else will they come to me demanding a cut?

24 minutes ago, Comicopolis said:

This can only apply to people receiving offers through Ebay messaging and then sell a book that way. If I list something on Ebay that doesn't sell but a week later sell it on here or anywhere else will they come to me demanding a cut?

How would they know?

57 minutes ago, Comicopolis said:

You are correct.  They may review any messages you received about the item to see if you have somehow hidden your contact information but I can't imagine they will bill you if they find no evidence of foul play.  I've taken down a ton of books that sold at Cons and they haven't contacted me about it since I didn't go against their rules by selling it elsewhere to people who did not hear about the book on E-Bay.