• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Me to CGC: You're misspelling Fox Feature Syndicate. CGC to me: We don't care.
1 1

96 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

@Doohickamabob

It seems you were able to influence MCS, why not write to Overstreet and ask them to correct the spelling? That way it will be "in the book". 

I did read the entire thing;) that was a lot of work.

Oh, yeah? Let's see how well you do on tomorrow's quiz!

1 hour ago, Comics-n-ERB said:

I'm kind of surprised that CGC hasn't responded to this post.  You know, a "ok, we will fix it" or a "go yourself" something.

Do they ever respond to these posts?  I think they expect queries to show up in the "Ask CGC" thread.  Not that they necessarily respond to those either. 

On 9/26/2017 at 12:22 AM, Doohickamabob said:

I'll give it a try. Thanks, and thanks for hacking and slashing your way through my verbosity.

I relayed the info to Overstreet, and they said to let the thread know that they've made the change. They were appreciative to get the report.

1 hour ago, mycomicshop said:

I relayed the info to Overstreet, and they said to let the thread know that they've made the change. They were appreciative to get the report.

This is terrific! I was worried that my post might be too much of me just venting/whining, but now I see that other people also want this sort of stuff to be as accurate as possible, and I'm very glad I took the time.

I hope eventually CGC comes around and fixes the spelling as well.

7 hours ago, Doohickamabob said:

Just heard from Gemstone Publishing  that the Overstreet Price Guide will fix the spelling of "Fox Feature Syndicate" in future editions of the guide.  :applause:

2 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Excellent.  Good work by you and MCS. (thumbsu

NICE!!!!

Great original post.

Shame on CGC, not for making mistakes but for displaying an intransigence and arrogance toward rectifying an unacceptable error. It's not unreasonable for a collector paying good money for graded books to want to have them (shock-horror) correctly labelled.

I wonder if CGC would have exhibited the same smug, cavalier attitude in the early days. I guess they are just getting too big now to be bothered.

@Doohickamabob

On 12/11/2017 at 5:47 AM, Grantley Goddard said:

Great original post.

Shame on CGC, not for making mistakes but for displaying an intransigence and arrogance toward rectifying an unacceptable error. It's not unreasonable for a collector paying good money for graded books to want to have them (shock-horror) correctly labelled.

I wonder if CGC would have exhibited the same smug, cavalier attitude in the early days. I guess they are just getting too big now to be bothered.

@Doohickamabob

CGC do not appear to display any interest in the finesse of the hobby from what I can see. I have tried to get them to recognise a number of variants through various means and they don't even have the courtesy to respond.  So I assume that they are not genuine comic lovers, with a desire to lead the way in research and accuracy, and just exist to make money. They could do both of course, but that would require a modicum of class. 

I haven't heard anything back from CGC, and it's been a month or so since I wrote to inform them that Overstreet and many other noteworthy dealers/publishers have fixed the spelling of Fox Feature Syndicate.

If anybody gets any submissions back with Fox as the publisher, let us know how it comes back on the label.