• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official Comiclink September Focused auction thread
2 2

46 posts in this topic

We seem to start one for each auction, so I might as well start one for this one.

My first observation is wow, a day after the featured auction ended the focused one start, was it always like that or are there just more OA auctions now?

My second one is that there were  a couple of items that I thought should have ben in the featured auction (e.g. Ron Lim Silver Surfer Galactus pages).  Maybe it's based on timing of when they got the art and how soon the consignor wants the money.

Regards,

Malvin

CLink's Focused Auctions now run on a regular basis and the last few have ballooned in size, as sellers find them to be convenient clearing outlets for large amounts of lower-tier OA.

And those insane Lim SS Galactus vs In-Betweener pages are :cloud9:

Agreed.  Sometimes you find some gems in focused auctions but most of the time it is lower tier stuff.  And lately these auctions close over 2 days instead of one since there are so many items.

i also think the Parobeck is nice.  

A couple of things I like pretty well...and a couple of things I like a lot! Threw in a few tracking bids that I might get serious about when it gets closer to ending.

20 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

A couple of things I like pretty well...and a couple of things I like a lot! Threw in a few tracking bids that I might get serious about when it gets closer to ending.

Same but I purchased a few things at the summer auction and looking forward to comicconnect s November one.... there has just been a lot of auctions lately.. I feel like I have to pick and choose my battles

32 minutes ago, Panelfan1 said:

Put in a number of tracking bids. Been outbid oncall but one. Then again they are tracking bids.  

Same. After reading your post I went back to try and discern what I actually want to take a legitimate shot at... and I believe the verdict is 1 page ..

also the Robert Bailey stuff is quite nice, I met him at a con a few years back and his work is great, I picked up a boba fett / slave leia piece and have it on the wall ... if anyone is curious about his stuff, I would highly recommend it

the Ron Lim galactus fisticuffs page is at $700 already

Edited by Ryanfromottawa

15 minutes ago, Ryanfromottawa said:

Same. After reading your post I went back to try and discern what I actually want to take a legitimate shot at... and I believe the verdict is 1 page ..

also the Robert Bailey stuff is quite nice, I met him at a con a few years back and his work is great, I picked up a boba fett / slave leia piece and have it on the wall ... if anyone is curious about his stuff, I would highly recommend it

the Ron Lim galactus fisticuffs page is at $700 already

There is one page i hope to win, but 21 days is a long way to go.  Usually have lost every piece i divulged ahead of an auction so will hold back till its done. Hopefully it will not be popular with anyone else.:nyah:

7 hours ago, Panelfan1 said:

There is one page i hope to win, but 21 days is a long way to go.  Usually have lost every piece i divulged ahead of an auction so will hold back till its done. Hopefully it will not be popular with anyone else.:nyah:

Best of luck in your hunt ! I'm going to employ the same strategy in this case and keep the page I have my eye on in this auction close to my chest also

I'm holding off on purchases for a while. I went on a splurge for the past 6 months, and have to replenish the coffers. I'm not in the "sell- art to buy more art" stage of this hobby yet. I am disciplining myself not to jump at stuff. But this hobby makes it hard, because every page is unique, and some of the stuff I want isn't available. So when it pops up, I have to jump. That's what I did when that great Phil Foglio/Tim Sale Myth Adventures came up at Heritage. I had been looking for one for over a year.

Unfortunately, I was trying to be disciplined when that one came up too!

1 hour ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

I'm holding off on purchases for a while. I went on a splurge for the past 6 months, and have to replenish the coffers. I'm not in the "sell- art to buy more art" stage of this hobby yet. I am disciplining myself not to jump at stuff. But this hobby makes it hard, because every page is unique, and some of the stuff I want isn't available. So when it pops up, I have to jump. That's what I did when that great Phil Foglio/Tim Sale Myth Adventures came up at Heritage. I had been looking for one for over a year.

I feel your pain, there's been a lot of stuff coming up for sale / auction lately , I think that the only way I could hold off on participation in any given auction , is not to look at what's being offered. Being that oa are one of a kind pieces, I find it easy to justify to myself by thinking "if I don't get this now, when will I ever be able to get this again?" . The problem has been that has been happening at every auction lately. The struggle is real!

1 hour ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

I never plan to sell anything (perhaps a fantasy), so I understand where you are coming from. This hobby is very feast or famine - nothing for months and months and months and then out of the blue, surprise, you're broke!

12 hours ago, Panelfan1 said:

Yeah, I put in a couple dozen tracking bids, and have so far been outbid on all but five or six. Of those, there are only two that I plan on making a serious run at.

I'm surprised that Lim page is going in this auction and didn't end up in the featured auction. It should sell very well, I'd think.