• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baltimore Comic-Con will Still be a 3 day con, Sept. 28-30, 2018
3 3

96 posts in this topic

YEAH BALTIMORE!  great con so far for buying and I haven't even made it past the 3rd row. been filling lots of runs and gaps. my comic lull has abated if only temporarily. I was pulling books and hunting like a fiend.  maybe it was a temporary relapse but I was enjoying all my interactions with the dealers and fellow collectors.  I LOVE Fridays at this con.  sooo laid back, easy to dig and schmooze. I was even accommodating the shoulder surfers waiting patiently for their turn "oh you need this one? here you go, bro. oh here's another copy for you to choose from."

I haven't found that 1 BIG book I'm looking to purchase only because I can't seem to find it in WHITE pages at my minimum grade. then again I still haven't made it to rows 4 and 5.

lots of new or new to area dealers. special shout out to New Force booth co-seller guy Roman (forgive me I'm terrible with names.)  I pulled 40+ comics and didn't know if I enjoyed finding the books or listening to him interact with the customers more. very funny guy. gave me a more than fair price too. just wish they had what I was looking for in white pages or I would have spent it all there.

lots of other friendly folks both new and old.

I didn't want to leave. they literally had to kick me out. but it's ok. I'll be back Sunday to pick over the leftovers. 

I'm at the Cards, Comics, and Collectibles booth in the middle of the hall. All new wall books for Sunday. More comic books at our booth than at 90% of comic stores in the world. Come by and say hi!

12 hours ago, Logan510 said:
22 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Wasn't Greggy there buying on Wednesday night during the pre-pre setup day?

Yeah, all the good books were gone by Wednesday night :(

Yep, once again a day late and a dollar short.

:ph34r:

7 minutes ago, Timmay said:

Yep, once again a day late and a dollar short.

:ph34r:

It's getting scary how early you have to be in the doors to get 1st shot at the new books.  Pretty soon Harley will have competition out in the loading docks.

55 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

It's getting scary how early you have to be in the doors to get 1st shot at the new books.  Pretty soon Harley will have competition out in the loading docks.

To be honest, there were plenty of books to go around. There is not some secret cabal sucking up all the good stuff before anyone can see it. Yes, there are people who do get first looks at new collections and books but by no means was there a lack of stuff to buy. I was able to find a handful of nice stuff as late as Saturday night and that was after doing a lot of buying on Thursday/Friday.   If you’re not lazy and don’t expect books to be thrown at you it was not that hard to find stuff. I even found a few nice books for myself.

Just now, Logan510 said:

To be honest, there were plenty of books to go around. There is not some secret cabal sucking up all the good stuff before anyone can see it. Yes, there are people who do get first looks at new collections and books but by no means was there a lack of stuff to buy. I was able to find a handful of nice stuff as late as Saturday night and that was after doing a lot of buying on Thursday/Friday.   If you’re not lazy and don’t expect books to be thrown at you it was not that hard to find stuff. I even found a few nice books for myself.

Yup, that's too big of a show for all the "good stuff" to be gone in one night. I could barely get through the whole show in two days. In fact there were definitely some booths I didn't peruse.

6 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Yup, that's too big of a show for all the "good stuff" to be gone in one night. I could barely get through the whole show in two days. In fact there were definitely some booths I didn't peruse.

By Saturday night I felt like I had hit nearly every booth, but certainly didn't dig through every box or look at every wallbook...and that's with my wife being there and also helping me look for books.

12 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

What did you get?