• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baltimore Comic-Con will Still be a 3 day con, Sept. 28-30, 2018
3 3

96 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

All the good stuff leftover from the Wednesday pickings.

I was so tempted to go at least drop off a short box of books to get graded and save the shipping cost but it just never worked out.  I'm all out of vacation days so the latest i could get there was Saturday morning and I felt it may be a dud by then.

47 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

I was so tempted to go at least drop off a short box of books to get graded and save the shipping cost but it just never worked out.  I'm all out of vacation days so the latest i could get there was Saturday morning and I felt it may be a dud by then.

Seemed like they were a lot faster this year on grading time.

28 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Seemed like they were a lot faster this year on grading time.

The lack of prescreening has scared me away from spending the $25 per book.  How did stuff come back for you?

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

The lack of prescreening has scared me away from spending the $25 per book.  How did stuff come back for you?

I didn't submit. I feel the onsite is only worth the hassle if you have a ton of books or a lot of older and / or high dollar.

49 minutes ago, greggy said:

Why would there be any Wednesday pickings where set up wasn't until Thursday at noon?

Man, you're as stupid as you look.

xoxo

greggy

Wound.jpg

51 minutes ago, greggy said:

Why would there be any Wednesday pickings where set up wasn't until Thursday at noon?

Man, you're as stupid as you look.

xoxo

greggy

If I have to explain sarcasm it really doesn't work. 

Absolute best buying show of the year, and we thought it would have been impossible to top C2E2 and WWC...everything Eric and I were hoping to bring home we did and lots more.  Came home with multiple 181's, FF #5's amongst others etc etc etc Only problem is we sold half of it at one day show we raced home for to be at on Sunday, so we are depleted again with convention season winding down.  

Big shout out to Leroy Harper who always takes care of us, my man Bob Storms who is the best, and to Brian Ketterer who took care of us as well.

And a special thanks to Timmay who started the ball rolling by selling us an ASM #129 at dinner Thursday night.

It was a blast.

Edited by Guardian Comics

40 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

That guy's a doosh. 

Are you beginning to think that everyone is right? :whatthe:

Jus kiddin. I don’t care what they all say about ya when you’re not around.

17 hours ago, Guardian Comics said:

Absolute best buying show of the year, and we thought it would have been impossible to top C2E2 and WWC...everything Eric and I were hoping to bring home we did and lots more.  Came home with multiple 181's, FF #5's amongst others etc etc etc Only problem is we sold half of it at one day show we raced home for to be at on Sunday, so we are depleted again with convention season winding down.  

Big shout out to Leroy Harper who always takes care of us, my man Bob Storms who is the best, and to Brian Ketterer who took care of us as well.

And a special thanks to Timmay who started the ball rolling by selling us an ASM #129 at dinner Thursday night.

It was a blast.

I didn't know selling your inventory was a problem ;)lol 

17 hours ago, Guardian Comics said:

Freddie got flipped.

Great report all around. With this show a success and is done for this year. Do you think next year Baltimore Comic Con will go as another good show like now?  Since it has announced will be in October, and not in September.

25 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:

Great report all around. With this show a success and is done for this year. Do you think next year Baltimore Comic Con will go as another good show like now?  Since it has announced will be in October, and not in September.

No reason not to be a great show next year.  The show is centrally located for dealers all along the East, attracts more from all over the country, is really well run, focuses exclusively on comics, and has great panel discussions from comic creators.  It's a blast for anyone with a serious interest in comics.

On 10/1/2018 at 12:03 PM, ygogolak said:

One of the hot books for the weekend was Silver Surfer #4. One dealer sold at least 8 in the first day.

That was me... brought 10 and sold 10...8 of them on Friday. Was weird