• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baltimore Comic-Con will Still be a 3 day con, Sept. 28-30, 2018
3 3

96 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, namisgr said:

No reason not to be a great show next year.  The show is centrally located for dealers all along the East, attracts more from all over the country, is really well run, focuses exclusively on comics, and has great panel discussions from comic creators.  It's a blast for anyone with a serious interest in comics.

Good to know that. I guess I should start make plans to snag a full weekend pass, look for good prices on a motel or hotel and all the hoopla. Most importantly is my comic spending budget be in good health ready for the show. (thumbsu

On 10/3/2018 at 10:57 PM, Fan Boy said:

Good to know that. I guess I should start make plans to snag a full weekend pass, look for good prices on a motel or hotel and all the hoopla. Most importantly is my comic spending budget be in good health ready for the show. (thumbsu

The show will be much later next year - if you are coming I would recommend getting your hotel room as if the Ravens are in town hotel rooms downtown are at a premium.

1 hour ago, FlyingDonut said:

The show will be much later next year - if you are coming I would recommend getting your hotel room as if the Ravens are in town hotel rooms downtown are at a premium.

I am aware of that with the new dates. It actually works to my favor. The only concern is whatever if Baltimore Comic Con can maintain the same greatness it had in September. Forgive me if I don’t know which sport the Ravens is in, but thanks for the forewarning about the hotel rooms. It is next to do on my travel plans. 

9 hours ago, Fan Boy said:

I am aware of that with the new dates. It actually works to my favor. The only concern is whatever if Baltimore Comic Con can maintain the same greatness it had in September. Forgive me if I don’t know which sport the Ravens is in, but thanks for the forewarning about the hotel rooms. It is next to do on my travel plans. 

I am biased because the promoter is one of my best friends, but Baltimore is the best pure comic show out there and next year should be better as it is no longer the appetizer for NYCC. The Ravens are an NFL team who are beloved in Baltimore.

1 hour ago, FlyingDonut said:

I am biased because the promoter is one of my best friends, but Baltimore is the best pure comic show out there and next year should be better as it is no longer the appetizer for NYCC. The Ravens are an NFL team who are beloved in Baltimore.

Hypothetically... let’s say supposedly if the Ravens is out of final playoffs by the time next season, will that mean the hotel rates will go back to normal to book in? Not ruffle the Raven feathers, it’s just a hypocritical question, ok? (:

10 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:

Hypothetically... let’s say supposedly if the Ravens is out of final playoffs by the time next season, will that mean the hotel rates will go back to normal to book in? Not ruffle the Raven feathers, it’s just a hypocritical question, ok? (:

The Ravens (or the old Browns) fans are pretty good and shouldn't bail on a team.  The only thing to worry about is the weather in the end of October is a lot worse then the end of September in this area so it may be a tougher time driving back and forth.

3 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

The Ravens (or the old Browns) fans are pretty good and shouldn't bail on a team.  The only thing to worry about is the weather in the end of October is a lot worse then the end of September in this area so it may be a tougher time driving back and forth.

That's the middle of the season - they will still be around.

54 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Thanks for the weather note. And unles you are referring to yourself about driving back and forth, that’s alright. I am flying there and would be using public transportation like the Lightrink train system they have between BWI airport to Washington. My biggest concern would be on the securing a spot with a nearby hotel for a reasonable price. 

We all have the whole year ahead to work out all the kinks out.

2 hours ago, Fan Boy said:

My biggest concern would be on the securing a spot with a nearby hotel for a reasonable price. 

We all have the whole year ahead to work out all the kinks out.

The convention has blocks of rooms at the nearby hotels available at a discounted rate every year. They usually are announced in June on their Facebook page and web page. I usually make my reservations a couple of weeks after their announcement and I have never been told they were full up.

Many conventions have coincided with home games for Baltimore's football and baseball teams and I have never heard of a shortage of hotel rooms available except perhaps to those who have waited til the last minute to find one.

4 hours ago, 1Cool said:

The first snow won't come until at least December, so I'm not sure what you are expecting that might toughen the drive through Maryland.  Leaves on the roads, maybe?  :wink:

4 hours ago, namisgr said:

The first snow won't come until at least December, so I'm not sure what you are expecting that might toughen the drive through Maryland.  Leaves on the roads, maybe?  :wink:

Really?  The average 1st snowfall in Cleveland is the 1st week of November and we have plenty of years with the 1st snow at the last week of October.  We of course have had years without snowfall until Thanksgiving but most years it’s pretty crummy weather wise around Halloween.

Yes, really.  It's the mid-Atlantic, not the northern midwest.  Some years the first inch of snow isn't until January.  Halloween is when the autumn leaves are roughly at their peak in Philly, and Baltimore runs slower.  There should be good early Fall weather for next year's B'more show.

Edited by namisgr

On 10/8/2018 at 3:20 PM, Murphman13 said:

The convention has blocks of rooms at the nearby hotels available at a discounted rate every year. They usually are announced in June on their Facebook page and web page. I usually make my reservations a couple of weeks after their announcement and I have never been told they were full up.

Many conventions have coincided with home games for Baltimore's football and baseball teams and I have never heard of a shortage of hotel rooms available except perhaps to those who have waited til the last minute to find one.

I always wait for the discounts to be announced. The average price seems to be around $150. I was very pleased with the Sheraton. Perfect location for the convention center and inner harbor. 

Great buying show for me as usual.   I just go on Fridays, so the 1 o’clock start instead of the 10 o’clock start really grinds my gears.   Dealers have always seemed easier to work with at the show, I’m not sure if it is because it’s not a huge show, but being reasonable and having cash works out well  most of the time, there are still dealers that are willing to go down with the ship on their books instead of “deal.”  I am not by any means in avid con attendee, but this is the only show I go to every year now, and it pays for it self a couple times over with the buying opportunities at the show for me.  The only other issue with this show is that the CGC booth  is pretty much a square in the middle of the comic vendor section, and I get that, of course it is,  but the Con needs to figure out a better way to not only organize the lines for drop off‘s and all that , but I have dedicated staff to manage those lines. It doesn’t really interfere with what I’m doing, but it seems like the dealers in that area have to put up with an extra ration of mess  with everyone in line making it so it is impossible to get to the dealers merch.  CGC could help this along as well.   Overall, another great year at a great show, and a fun little city. And Sherilyn Fenn was there, and she’s still smoking hot. :x

On 10/7/2018 at 7:42 PM, FlyingDonut said:

The Hilton has no available rooms for the dates in question.