• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why did you dislike Miller's run on Daredevil?

44 posts in this topic

I loved it. Think it was the pinnacle of comics. Bought em when I was a kid and it really started a life long love of comics/collecting. I know he wasn't the first to use paneling like film noir, but it was the first I saw (excluding The Master Race.  I read that one)

However, I'm really bored at work and would like to hear the other side of the fence. Why did you hate it?

Edited by NoMan

I always thought the "visionaries" trade pb for Miller's DD should have started at Vol 1 - #168 - 182, which was Vol. 2 - even though his art was featured on the first 10 issues he didn't really hit his stride on the title until he took over storytelling too.

And if you're bored, you could always check out solarboy's sales thread.  ; )

16 minutes ago, grebal said:

I always thought the "visionaries" trade pb for Miller's DD should have started at Vol 1 - #168 - 182, which was Vol. 2 - even though his art was featured on the first 10 issues he didn't really hit his stride on the title until he took over storytelling too.

And if you're bored, you could always check out solarboy's sales thread.  ; )

Copy you

Agreed, and that was created by Miller in/around 2001 (publication year).  But as you say he had a much softer, less idealized touch, w fewer lines, and more grace in his earlier work on her/DD.  But nothing's ever static.

[from the tpb, since my only handy copy of the original is encased in some kinda dumb plastic tomb.]

CCI09212017.jpg

9 minutes ago, adampasz said:

Eastman & Laird? (OK. Just kidding. Kinda.)

Um... the next 15 years of Batman and Daredevil?

I guess I just stuck with Miller and ignored the rest.  I did pick up a TMNT 1-4 for a good price. (3rd Printing #1). Gonna read it one day see what the big f-ing deal is.  I even like Miller's DKSA. Newer stuff forget it.  

1 hour ago, chrisco37 said:

Hated it when it first came out.  Re-read it last year and thought it was actually pretty decent/interesting.  

wonder if the same thing is gonna happen to the DK Master Race. It's pretty bad.