• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Request for Value Estimate - Ron Lim Page
1 1

12 posts in this topic

Hi all, i don't really follow original art prices and was wondering if anyone has a ballpark estimate of the value of this page from Silver Surfer #50.

This is the lead-in to Infinity Gauntlet #1. Silver Surfer crashes through Dr. Strange's window to warn everyone.

It's for insurance, not to sell.  Thanks.

SS50aa.jpg

SS50bb.jpg

Just about anything Infinity Gauntlet related by Lim should do well. I'm going to guess this would go 1.5k-2k, maybe higher. There are people on these boards that are more plugged into the 1990s cosmic Marvel scene than me though (I'm guessing more than a couple have already PM'd you).

2 hours ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

I'm gonna say closer to $3K. This is a key page, and announces the Infinity Gauntlet. A Lim IG page just sold at comic connect. I'm not sure what it went for but, it didn't have the surfer in it, nor was it an important splash like this one.

Do you mean ComicLink? Ron Lim's page from Infinity Gauntlet #5, p. 37 from 1991 described as "Nebula Reveals Her Evil Plan to Eros/Starfox, the Brother of Thanos" sold for $1,922 on 9/19/2017 (just making an archival record here because we tend to lose track of these results). That's without Surfer in it as stated. So a page like yours, I've been persuaded, would probably end at around $2K, or even more with the right timing at the right auction house. If you're thinking of selling start talking to CL now before the market cools, as everything eventually does.

LIM IG5 p37.JPG

47 minutes ago, Jay Olie Espy said:

Do you mean ComicLink? Ron Lim's page from Infinity Gauntlet #5, p. 37 from 1991 described as "Nebula Reveals Her Evil Plan to Eros/Starfox, the Brother of Thanos" sold for $1,922 on 9/19/2017 (just making an archival record here because we tend to lose track of these results). That's without Surfer in it as stated. So a page like yours, I've been persuaded, would probably end at around $2K, or even more with the right timing at the right auction house. If you're thinking of selling start talking to CL now before the market cools, as everything eventually does.

LIM IG5 p37.JPG

I'd insure it for at least $3K.

3 minutes ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

I'd insure it for at least $3K.

The OP's pics aren't very clear, but it looks like Surfer is really obscured in this page. $3K sounds like a lot of money for lettering. I'd certainly get outbid on this one, if Cosmic Marvel was my cup of tea.

On 9/22/2017 at 9:13 AM, Jay Olie Espy said:

LIM IG5 p37.JPG

Why is Timber Wolf in a Marvel comic?

Edited by kav

10 minutes ago, Twanj said:

Awesome page! I'm a big Lim fan http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerydetail.asp?gcat=103642

I'd guess the actual IG page at $1922 would be the height of the value range, since it's not an IG page. So my guess it between $1250-1750. But things can go crazy.

Nice pages you have there!