• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ACE COMIC CON, Long Island NY Dec 8-10
1 1

24 posts in this topic

Looks like The Shamus brothers (Original Wizard World creators) are starting a new convention  

we are already signed up for it since it is 10 minutes from our warehouse 

what a crazy gust line up so far

aceuniverse.com

2 months, 16 days to go :banana:

Hey Shad,

The shows with the type of talent and the size and scale we have are expensive to run. Also, up to 2 Kids (10 & Under) are free with a paid adult, a rarity these days. This encourages families, and we have had a lot of success with this in the past. If you look at the vendor list, you will see a robust list, and the programming is pretty exceptional as well. 

http://www.aceuniverse.com/events/long-island/exhibitors.html/

More will be added with each passing day. The Artist list is very robust as well. We have a special exclusive we will be announcing shortly as well. 

http://www.aceuniverse.com/events/long-island/creator-spotlight.html/

Many of these folks do not make many East Coast appearances ad we tailored the Creators with the Celebs. So, you can get a Superman book signed by Dan Jurgens, Brett Breeding, and Henry Cavill. We did this across the board. We have Jenny Frison and Liam Sharp and Wonder Woman. It's a curated experience. And although we are a new company, I have run more shows than any showrunner in the history of Comic Cons, having run over 175 events. So, it's a first time event in name only.

None of these celebs are appearing at anyone else's shows right now, so this is really a once in a lifetime opportunity, especially for Photo Ops. Please note JSA, CGC and CBCS will all be taking submissions and Authenticating, it's a Signature Series dream.

Happy to answer any more questions, but it's going to be a unique, special event.

You can see all the current goodness here - 

Edited by stephenshamus12

3 hours ago, mysterio said:

Social media posts from Friday are looking a little :eek:, hopefully they get the kinks worked out. 

There is so much salt about ace on twitter there must not be any snow left in new york lol

Looks like a disaster tbh. General admission holders in before vips (who were litterally left out in the cold)

Edited by TheRealVenom

19 hours ago, mr_highgrade said:

So...how was this show? hm

Although I didn't attend...the reviews on FB have been less than stellar...

Seemed like it was a cluster to even get in regardless if you were VIP or general admin....once in I read it only took 20mins to see the whole layout...Very disorganized and the worst thing I read was there were employees actually getting into arguments with people.....especially near the photo opps area. One guy had his picture posted as apparently he was yelling at peoples children, and nearly got into a physical fight with the parent. Even the promoter was heard asking someone "to step outside so he could knock him out"!

Someone supposedly is looking into a lawsuit for how people were treated.....

8 minutes ago, Dwitkin82 said:

Although I didn't attend...the reviews on FB have been less than stellar...

Seemed like it was a cluster to even get in regardless if you were VIP or general admin....once in I read it only took 20mins to see the whole layout...Very disorganized and the worst thing I read was there were employees actually getting into arguments with people.....especially near the photo opps area. One guy had his picture posted as apparently he was yelling at peoples children, and nearly got into a physical fight with the parent. Even the promoter was heard asking someone "to step outside so he could knock him out"!

Someone supposedly is looking into a lawsuit for how people were treated.....

Sounds like an exciting show!

22 minutes ago, wamh0416 said:

.......they were deleting posts on their FB page.

Yea I heard that as well......don't get me wrong I would have given anything to be able to have gone....Jurgens, Breeding, and of course Cavill

But as an overall show....no bueno