• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

INVESTMENT COLLECTIBLES does it again!!

145 posts in this topic

Don't really understand, these are the same books Comiclink advertise for a June auction with a very few variations.

They are the same books. Comgeek is auctioning them through CL.

So we are just supposed to assume none of these books used to be a few grades lower just recently, 893scratchchin-thumb.gifmm?????

I assume that every dealer has a random % of pressed books in their inventory, with their knowledge or without. It would be naive to think otherwise.

So we are just supposed to assume none of these books used to be a few grades lower just recently, 893scratchchin-thumb.gifmm?????

I assume that every dealer has a random % of pressed books in their inventory, with their knowledge or without. It would be naive to think otherwise.

thats true, but besides the point of the B&B28 fiasco...

bought in Nov on ebay as an 8.0

appears 5 months later on Comiclink as a 9.0

same book

same dealer as these Supermans.

I thought it was $50,000?

$50,000 divided by two people......er...okay you got me I used the wrong number 27_laughing.gif

Red is Comickeys really in a wheelchair now or were you kidding?

Well, that's interesting, but I wasn't referring to the B&B #28. I was referring to your original post, and simply stating that OF COURSE you shouldn't assume none of the books have been pressed. You can't make that assumption with any dealer.

I really can't get down on a Dealer who advertises some of his raw books as restored. I don't like the idea of pressing but you are over the top on the Naivete meter if you think it's not the norm in the Hobby. Less NY attitude more NY acumen Tom(no offense meant). Relax, Pressing is here to stay. Even if CGC could start detecting it 100% tommorow they wouldn't. It would invalidate yrs of Slabs and bring tremendous pressure from the dealers who have been PAYING CGC and pressing books. I think it more likely there are unfound WMD in Iraq than no presses at Heritage or no CGC/Heritage connection....or maybe i watched too many X-files episodes

I really can't get down on a Dealer who advertises some of his raw books as restored. I don't like the idea of pressing but you are over the top on the Naivete meter if you think it's not the norm in the Hobby. Less NY attitude more NY acumen Tom(no offense meant). Relax, Pressing is here to stay. Even if CGC could start detecting it 100% tommorow they wouldn't. It would invalidate yrs of Slabs and bring tremendous pressure from the dealers who have been PAYING CGC and pressing books. I think it more likely there are unfound WMD in Iraq than no presses at Heritage or no CGC/Heritage connection....or maybe i watched too many X-files episodes

Pressing is not the norm in the hobby. Regretably, it is done more than most of us prefer and in a disohonest manner. Respectfully, this is the wrong type of attitude to take. We should not let those who merely seek to gain profit to ruin a hobby for the rest of us. If we don't like something that is being done, whether it is pressing or something else, then we should say so and do something about it. To do nothing is just as bad because we are merely giving a signal to the money grubbers that it is permissible and, worse, acceptable.

And I am a born and bred NYer with major attitude so I can say that! flowerred.gif

Pressing is not the norm in the hobby. Regretably, it is done more than most of us prefer and in a disohonest manner. Respectfully, this is the wrong type of attitude to take. We should not let those who merely seek to gain profit to ruin a hobby for the rest of us. If we don't like something that is being done, whether it is pressing or something else, then we should say so and do something about it. To do nothing is just as bad because we are merely giving a signal to the money grubbers that it is permissible and, worse, acceptable.

And I am a born and bred NYer with major attitude so I can say that! flowerred.gif

It's even more complicated than that. Not everyone agrees that those pressing books are "ruining the hobby for the rest of us." Some, like the author of the post previous to this one, have no problem with pressing at all.

It's hard to solve a problem when a signifcant % of the hobby doesn't think there is a problem to begin with. What also makes it difficult, is that the vast majority of collectors opposed to pressing have not changed their buying habits to reflect their opinion.

Hmmmm. well, I'm a b&b NYer, raised in THE BRONX....so there's some truth to what you're saying! sumo.gif Probably why I agree with you 99% of the time.

Let me tell you why I and probably countless other buyers don't care too much about INVESTMENT COLLECTIBLES! When I first got back into Comic collecting I decided I would start out small and buy a few high grade BRONZE AGE non-key CGC issues (i.e. Tomb of Dracula 48, Tomb of Dracula #50, etc.) He used to always list on eBay, so I won the bids and paid promptly via PayPal. Two weeks go by and I have yet to receive my items, so I send him a friendly email to see whats up, I get no reply! Finally after three days of constant emailing I finally get a reply and all he says is that "I am in good hands"! Thats great I thought! I then email him again and ask for a tracking number and he says that I should not care because they are only $40 CGC comics book and they will get here in good time! He also asks me if that was my most expensive purchasen in my life becasue I am being impatient! A month is being impatient? Two weeks later they arrive!

Now my point! Now that I have alot of money to spend on collecting high grade high money CGC graded books, why on earth would I ever do business with a person who treats me like that?? Unbelievable...so thats why I could care less about whats going on at INVESTMENT COLLECTIBLES - never again will I give them a dime....

Any questions....????

Eeek, worm, that does sound pretty tacky indeed. It bugs me no end when sellers devalue their own wares in these types of in-limbo-transactions with buyers AFTER they've received their money. The way I see it, comics are a luxury item, and in these economically troubled times even a one dollar purchase should be treated with respect and gratitude. If it's not worth a seller's time to treat a low-dollar purchaser with respect, then that seller shouldn't be hocking low dollar items!

I'll now go find a corner to curse in for about 30 minutes.

Worm,

Take a chill pill it was a 40 dollar order. The guy is probably bombarded with emails like that. I am sure if you buy some of his Superman books you will not have the same problem.

I treat all customers the same, if they buy $5 or $500. First of all, it makes economic sense. You simply don't know if the person who spends $5 now will not spend $500 down the road if treated right.

Second, it's the right thing to do. makepoint.gif

It really doesn't take that much more effort.