• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what should Stan sign
2 2

31 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, Aliens said:

its not to sell its for me to keep, the ditko letter would also be for me to keep even though the letters value would be a good investment i mean i dont think i've ever seen ditko, lee signatures on one thing before

So what happens when you pass away and your family needs money. A photo of a nobody with a signed photo Stan Lee will be a hard sell. It's like a personalization hard sell. Think of your family and not yourself.

As far as a Lee signature on a letter with Ditko. It sounds cool, but he has been signing over autographs lately on a more frequent ratio. That is a risk you take.

20 minutes ago, reddwarf666222 said:

So what happens when you pass away and your family needs money. A photo of a nobody with a signed photo Stan Lee will be a hard sell. It's like a personalization hard sell. Think of your family and not yourself.

As far as a Lee signature on a letter with Ditko. It sounds cool, but he has been signing over autographs lately on a more frequent ratio. That is a risk you take.

they can sell this one once i pass

IMG_3881.PNG.017be62b8018a59713484a5761ddb90c.png

1 hour ago, reddwarf666222 said:

I think you over estimate the value of Stan Lee's signature.  This isn't Shoeless Joe Jackson or James Dean.  Stan has signed his name hundreds of thousands of times on items.  When he passes,  the market will be flooded with stuff (in reality it already is), and there will not be enough buyers.   You get something signed by him, because you wanted the experience, and your signed item appeals to you.  If you are doing it with some sort of payday in mind down the road, I think you will be disappointed. 

1 minute ago, Mercury Man said:

I think you over estimate the value of Stan Lee's signature.  This isn't Shoeless Joe Jackson or James Dean.  Stan has signed his name hundreds of thousands of times on items.  When he passes,  the market will be flooded with stuff (in reality it already is), and there will not be enough buyers.   You get something signed by him, because you wanted the experience, and your signed item appeals to you.  If you are doing it with some sort of payday in mind down the road, I think you will be disappointed. 

Trust me I know the value of his autograph and how many out there is. Let's just say it'll go for $50 when he dies depending if the autograph is on an item that will sell.  As far as the experience man I feel sorry if you are paying for an experience with how his lines have been handled lately in the last 3 years or so.

1 hour ago, reddwarf666222 said:

Trust me I know the value of his autograph and how many out there is. Let's just say it'll go for $50 when he dies depending if the autograph is on an item that will sell.  As far as the experience man I feel sorry if you are paying for an experience with how his lines have been handled lately in the last 3 years or so.

Oh believe you-me, I am done with his 'experience'.  I wouldn't pay $10 to stand in line for his autograph this weekend in Tampa.   The last Megacon in Orlando was my last fools errand. 

2 hours ago, Mercury Man said:

Oh believe you-me, I am done with his 'experience'.  I wouldn't pay $10 to stand in line for his autograph this weekend in Tampa.   The last Megacon in Orlando was my last fools errand. 

I've only done in it in the past few years for other people, but I've usually had other people do it for me because he is that one or two guys who just have massive line for safety reasons basically your given a sticky note to put your name on if you want it personalized and hand it to Stan's handler. I was able each time to say color and point at the spot I wanted sign, but nothing else.

To the OP,

Having Stan sign the letter doesn't sound like a good idea.  Everyone will feel differently about it, but a Stan signature on a Ditko letter that Stan had nothing to do with sounds a little absurd.  In my eyes, you may as well have him sign your kid's birth certificate or your grocery receipt...they'd all have the same level of relevance to Stan Lee's signature.

And I'd say ignore anyone who gives you advice on this based on what something is worth or what your family can sell it for at some future date.  Based on your initial post, this advice clearly isn't on track with what you're trying to accomplish.

I'd say have the photo signed, frame it, and hang it on the wall where you can see it often.  Enjoy it!

51 minutes ago, Turtle said:

To the OP,

Having Stan sign the letter doesn't sound like a good idea.  Everyone will feel differently about it, but a Stan signature on a Ditko letter that Stan had nothing to do with sounds a little absurd.  In my eyes, you may as well have him sign your kid's birth certificate or your grocery receipt...they'd all have the same level of relevance to Stan Lee's signature.

And I'd say ignore anyone who gives you advice on this based on what something is worth or what your family can sell it for at some future date.  Based on your initial post, this advice clearly isn't on track with what you're trying to accomplish.

I'd say have the photo signed, frame it, and hang it on the wall where you can see it often.  Enjoy it!

If you're going to do that, having him sign a poster would be cool.  I always thought it would be cool to get as many signatures on a Marvel Universe Poster as possible.

On 9/24/2017 at 5:41 PM, reddwarf666222 said:

Not every piece of paper he owns has to be worth money.  A photo of him when he was 12 probably isn't worth anything either (no offense), but doesn't mean he can't have it.

Edited by SteppinRazor