• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I have a fair sum of money set aside to by comics, help me spend it.
2 2

56 posts in this topic

I have been selling off some books I do not care as much about over the last few months, and have a minimum of $5000 to spend which is likely to hit 6k to 7k in the next few weeks (I am still selling a few things).  My interests are mainly X-Men and Batman.  I am looking to pick up key books and 1st apperances mainly within those two families, but am open to other suggestions.  These are book I intend to keep. These are not flips. I have a few books in mind that I have always wanted like X-Men 1 (looking for a mid grade copy), and Giant Sized X-Men 1 (higher grade).  So I throw the thread open to suggestions. Sorry no prizes.  :smile:

13 minutes ago, drotto said:

I have been selling off some books I do not care as much about over the last few months, and have a minimum of $5000 to spend which is likely to hit 6k to 7k in the next few weeks (I am still selling a few things).  My interests are mainly X-Men and Batman.  I am looking to pick up key books and 1st apperances mainly within those two families, but am open to other suggestions.  These are book I intend to keep. These are not flips. I have a few books in mind that I have always wanted like X-Men 1 (looking for a mid grade copy), and Giant Sized X-Men 1 (higher grade).  So I throw the thread open to suggestions. Sorry no prizes.  :smile:

So you're looking to hire a consultant or something ? :popcorn:

11 minutes ago, Patriot6 said:

Bats 121

That's a good one (shoulda kept my copy).  Some others I would consider would be TMNT 1,  HOS 92,  IH 181, FF 48 (Some of my faves that I think have room to grow) in the best grades with the best pq you can afford..

Or hell, if you can live with only one power book an ASM 1 seems like a pretty good bet!

Edited by Mystafo

1 hour ago, drotto said:

I got a nice Cherry Poptart #1 I'd be willing to sell ya...pages are a bit sticky though. :banana:

2 hours ago, drotto said:

Given your interests, I'd take all the money and invest in X-men 1 - the best copy you can find. If I were going Batman, I'd get the best copy of Batman 227 allowed by my budget.

X-Men #1 and if it was Batman I would go after #121. But then again one is a mega key and the other is a semi key book (some call it a key book but not me not at this moment in time I may some years down the road if the book continues to pick up in value and demand).

I would also consider Showcase 22 (very cheap at the moment), Daredevil 1 (also very cheap at the moment), Our Army At War 83, Action Comics 252, Adventure Comics 247, Tales To Astonish 27, Tales Of Suspense 39 and a few others. Some of these books in my opinion will do very well over time and are very cool books to own.

Edited by SC22

6 hours ago, SC22 said:

X-Men #1 and if it was Batman I would go after #121. But then again one is a mega key and the other is a semi key book (some call it a key book but not me not at this moment in time I may some years down the road if the book continues to pick up in value and demand).

I would also consider Showcase 22 (very cheap at the moment), Daredevil 1 (also very cheap at the moment), Our Army At War 83, Action Comics 252, Adventure Comics 247, Tales To Astonish 27, Tales Of Suspense 39 and a few others. Some of these books in my opinion will do very well over time and are very cool books to own.

DC keys are poised for an increase,but  are we talking investment or love of the medium? 

If we are only talking investment,  then .maybe you should put your money in pork belly . Or Apple....