• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baltimore Con 2017 Report
1 1

108 posts in this topic

I love this show.  It's always such a blast, mainly because I don't go to other large conventions and I get so pumped.  I attended Saturday only, and brought two friends who aren't into the hobby (books or art) though they love the characters/movies.  They had never been to a convention before, and it was great seeing their expressions as we walked into the hall!  They did actually end up buying some books (Bats Year One set) and I think I got one of them interested into comic art.

Spent about 4-5 hours cruising the booths.  Was great to meet some of the folks on this board, particularly Flying Donut, Blazing Bob, and Foolkiller.  I didn't buy as much as I usually do, though.  I think that's because I'm really trying to narrow my focus and I'm fairly recently really into comic art.

That said I did pick up the following:

Fantastic Four #121, #123 (Surfer Covers)

Daredevil #46, #193, #195, #197, #199 (part of my quest to own DDs #1-#233.  I'm finally less that 100 issues away, #takeyourtime)  

Silver Surfer (Vol. 1) #13, #15 (upgrades)

I also secured a pretty neat little commission for my daughter's second birthday.  It will be a watercolor of her and her favorite character, Daniel Tiger, sitting together reading a Wonder Woman comic.  Got to start the indoctrination early, yes? :)

I also picked up a cool Captain America print for my office from artist Jason Pell.  I haven't spent much time in artist alley before, and actually had a blast visiting and checking out what folks are up to in this space.  Is it next year, yet?

Baltimore CC.jpg

Baltimore CC Print.jpg

1 hour ago, comicdonna said:

Board member sal?  I miss his posts. 

kind of you to say, Mike.  i miss my posts, too.

Oh, and a follow-up to Chrisco's post; it was nice to see all of you whom I ran into at the show.  I honestly feel bad every time I leave Bedrock's booth without buying anything, because he is a genuinely good guy and we should all endeavour to support good guys.  That being said, he's not the only good guy in the room, but he is the only I feel badly for not supporting with my wallet.

Many thanks as well to Foolkiller for another example of his humbling generosity.  He's another whom collectors should be supporting, only he doesn't really need it, from what I can tell.  Good on you, BK

Damn - forgot to say hi to Foolkiller.  Where was his booth?  By the CGC booth or over by Leroy's booth.  Any pictures of Foolkiller ever been posted since I want to see if I bought from him.

He was set up next to Bob Storms.   Brian was on the end (or front) of that row.  

Brian wears glasses and certainly would've had flip flops on any of the 3 days.  He would've had a charming young lady doing all the work at the booth.  :baiting: 

42 minutes ago, Sal said:
2 hours ago, comicdonna said:

Board member sal?  I miss his posts. 

kind of you to say, Mike.  i miss my posts, too

How is the Doom Patrol collection coming?

1 hour ago, chrisco37 said:

He was set up next to Bob Storms.   Brian was on the end (or front) of that row.  

Brian wears glasses and certainly would've had flip flops on any of the 3 days.  He would've had a charming young lady doing all the work at the booth.  :baiting: 

Did Brian have a ton of $1 and $5 boxes?