• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Theft in Ontario Canada
6 6

113 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, CKinTO said:

Eric / Jim - this is such awful news, and couldn’t have happened to 2 nicer guys... hate that things like this happen in our hobby. 

Really hope that whoever did this is found, brought to justice, and the books find their way back to you o.O

Same thief or group for sure he or they where not smart to rob twice in such a small amount of time that will be their downfall hopefully.

Edited by SC22

9 minutes ago, Paddy_McShillihan said:

What is this a Rambo movie? 

No it's be safe and protect your stuff by all means necessary if need be (for some this is their whole life savings or close to it so it's no joke). Or don't your choice. I am sure thieves just love those who don't. Not saying he had a chance to do so if he was not there but for those who are home why would you just sick back and let your life savings be stolen.

I live in Canada so not many think like this but I am pretty sure in the U.S there are plenty of people who would do the same. Protect your loved ones, your household and your belongings.

Edited by SC22

32 minutes ago, SC22 said:

No it's be safe and protect your stuff by all means necessary if need be (for some this is their whole life savings or close to it so it's no joke). Or don't your choice. I am sure thieves just love those who don't. Not saying he had a chance to do so if he was not there but for those who are home why would you just sick back and let your life savings be stolen.

I live in Canada so not many think like this but I am pretty sure in the U.S there are plenty of people who would do the same. Protect your loved ones, your household and your belongings.

Jesus, where do you live in Canada that's so crime ridden? I live in Winnipeg and I don't even lock my door at night, it's Canada.

1 hour ago, Patriot6 said:

Jesus, where do you live in Canada that's so crime ridden? I live in Winnipeg and I don't even lock my door at night, it's Canada.

There is crime in all cities ignoring it leads to complacency then to things like theft and worse. Yes most of the time nothing happens but when it does some people are shocked. There are a ton of thefts every day in any major Canadian city (even in smaller communities). Canada is not some sort of perfect nation. It is a great country but by no means perfect. Every nation has thieves and a lot of them. I am not saying to live in fear but not to live with your head in the sand either.

Edited by SC22

3 minutes ago, SC22 said:

There is crime in all cities ignoring it leads to compliance then to things like theft and worse. Yes most of the time nothing happens but when it does some people are shocked.

I think, in Canada any way, most people would be shocked if someone shot a robber and not if someone was robbed....

Terrible news. As a community we need to keep our eyes peeled for these books, especially the higher priced ones.

I would hope those b@stards try ebay but they probably will stick to Craigslist or LCS in your province. Less exposure.

Probably alert CGC on the AF15 as they might have the balls to submit ( raw or graded ) for new serial #s.

Edited by Gotham Kid

9 minutes ago, Chillax23 said:

I don't want to engage on this but  ....... (1) most people would be afraid if someone broke into their homes (even a big strong tough man - and even people who say they wouldn't be), (2) Women can defend themselves, (3) at the end of the day it is just money and physical goods - probably not worth killing over or being killed over .... so why escalate a situation if you don't need to .... but to each their own. 

Now back to the OP's - again terrible news guys and I will keep my eyes peeled.

Feel very sorry for the op. Hope you get the books back.  Most jurisdictions have laws in place that allow people to use deadly force against intruders in their homes. Basically if someone is willing to break into a dwelling the law assumes they are willing to hurt the inhabitants. Therefore the inhabitants are allowed to use deadly force. Hazard of the job for burglars. 

1 hour ago, Junkdrawer said:

Sorry to hear this tragic news. Personally I rather lose my books in a fire or flood than by this low class act of humanity. Please at least post the AF-15 or any books that may have identifying marks that they can be burned into our brains. 

Scans of all the books

https://imgur.com/a/67na6

The Hulk 1 is really easy to remember.

Edited by Gotham Kid

9 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

Hey Jim and Eric, so sorry to hear this.  

Will keep my eyes peeled in Western Canada.  Let's keep this in the news and make it impossible for the creeps to sell them.

This

I am really sorry to hear about this.  Sometimes people just suck.

Our community isn't that big, the books will turn up on some level, somewhere, at some point.

And then we stomp on the a holes who did this.

Read about this last night and didn't have a chance to post until now. Terrible news, really sorry to read about this.

@Guardian Comics - Jim, I've posted this on FB and am trying to get a few of the Canadian-based SW collectors to keep an eye out as well.  Hope you and Eric get your books back.

Edited by comicwiz