• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! Thanks! Junk Sale! More of the usual old comics and stuff!
1 1

91 posts in this topic

Stuff is piling up again...This is stuff I upgraded and stuff from local conventions, flea markets, estate sales, ebay and board purchases. This time in addition to the usual crazy mix, I've got a lot of Fiction House, Archies, and the usual odd stuff. All mixed up so everybody gets a fair chance. Might be running this all week in the evenings as I've got time.

Rules:

No problem children or HOS members. I also reserve the right not to sell to people I just don't like...

Postage is $5.00 each for up to two comics, very well packaged. I will combine postage on multiple purchases. All will come with tracking. 

I prefer to sell only to US addresses but might make an exception if I know you.

PM's and offers... I am trying to sell this stuff and want to get as much listed as I can. I try to price fairly. I probably won't have a lot of time to review PMs if I want to get this stuff listed. An "I'LL TAKE IT" icon takes it first. So, keep that in mind if you want something. When I get done, I will review PMs (in order of when they came in). If you have a question (other than a lower offer) post it and I will try to answer you. I usually try to price this stuff pretty much at what I need to get out of it so discounts are usually pretty minimal.

Payment is by PayPal within 3 days FIRM. I will also take checks and money orders if you let me know after I send you an invoice.

Returns: No hassle returns within two weeks from when tracking says it was delivered. Return postage is on you unless I make a gross error and in that case I will "man-up" and pay return postage. I don't expect any returns though as I've only had 3 or 4 in 40 years. 

This stuff all comes from a smoke filled, varmit infested, mouldy junk house. (Just kidding!) Here we go... 

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Archie #65 Nov-Dec 1953 Archie Pubs

Small chip out of bottom and a few smaller ones out of top edge. A few minor edge tears and light tanning inside covers. Both staples are neatly popped. Inside pages are nice and supple with no tears or creasing.

$25.

archie65a.jpg

archie65b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Fighting Marines #3 Dec 1951 St. John Pubs

Early Canteen Kate story by Matt Baker. Baker cover. Larger oversize issue.

Minor edge and corner wear. A small 1/4" upper spine split. Minor wrinkles but no major tears or creases. Slightly discolored on cover edges. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Interior pages are yellowed but supple.

$70.

fighting marines1.jpg

fighting marines2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Tales to Astonish #33 July 1962 Marvel Pubs

Great Kirby Ditko Monster stuff!

Slightly rolled spine. Some light water staining through out. Edge wear and wrinkling. No major tears or creases. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Interior paper is yellowed but supple.

Was $35.  Now $30.

talesastonish1.jpg

talesastonish2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Wilbur #38 Aug 1951 Archie Pubs

I love these old Wilburs. Great good girl art. Every bit as cool as Archies! Nice cover on this one.

Overall many wrinkles and a few light creases. No major creases or tears just general wear. Centerfold neatly detached with no tears. Interior paper off white and supple.

$25.

wilbur38a.jpg

wilbur38b.jpg

Police #53 April 1946 Quality Pubs

Cool, fat issue with Plastic Man and the Spirit among others. Great art in these.

Big dust shadow down right side. Some corner and edge wear. Light penciling on cover. Looks chewed on upper right. Small piece of tape on inside fron cover at bottom. Interior pages have some small chipping at bottom corners. Cover and centerfold still bound well to covers. Interior pages tanning on edges but pretty supple otherwise.

$25.

police1.jpg

police2.jpg

SOLD!

Archie #79 March April 1956 Archie Pubs

Nice, bright complete copy. Minor spine wear. A small 1/4" upper spine split and a neat 1" edge tear. Lower right corner of cover has a thin 3-1/2" corner crease. Just light average wear. Cover and centerfold bound well to book. Yellowed, supple paper with no interior damage.

$25.

archie79a.jpg

archie79b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD via PM

Here's a cool one!

Capt. Marvel Jr #53 Sept 1947 Fawcett Pubs

Great Atomic Bomb cover and story!

Slight spine roll probably as made. Cover is bound a little off kilter. A little bug damage in lower right corner of cover. Back cover has a small ragged piece off bottom left corner and a small chew in upper middle of cover and last few pages. No art affected. Some minor wrinkling. Centerfold neatly detached. No tears. Supple off white pages. Cover bound well to book.

$45.

captmarveljr1.jpg

captmarveljr2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Marvel Tales #122 March 1954 Atlas Pubs

Cool cover, Kubert story

Back cover neatly detached. Front cover has neat spine splits down to upper staple and up to bottom staple. Small chip in upper right corner. Minor wrinkling and general wear. Nice interior paper with no damage. Centerfold bound well to book.

$35.

marveltales1.jpg

marveltales2.jpg

Here's another nice one!

Wings #92 April 1948 Friction House Pubs

Great Bob Lubbers good girl art cover! These are way underrated I think. Only a matter of time before these really catch on.

A real nice copy. Very slight spine roll as made. Some very light wrinkles. No tears or creases. Very light general wear. Book and centerfold bound tight to covers. Interior paper is off white with no damage.

Was $125.   Now $110.

wings92a.jpg

wings92b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

CarToons Magazine/Digest #1 1959 Pete Milar Perterson Pubs

Classic car related cartoon magazine. This first issue is very difficult to find. The first two issues I believe are digest sized. The car guys love these!

Has some minor wear with wrinkles, rounded corners and a few small, light creases. Back cover Has a long 3-1/2" upper left corner crease, some minor writing and a small edge tear. Maybe some very light water damage. Interior paper is nice but has some dog eared corners. Hard one to find!

Was $45.   Now $35.

cartoons1.jpg

cartoons2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Hollywood Diary #1 Dec 1949 Quality Pubs

Nice art in this one!

Neatly taped spine. A few extra staples. Lots of overall wrinkles and thin creases. A few very minor edge tears. Covers look a little "dirty".  Centerfold and covers bound well to book. Nice interior paper.

Was $30.   Now $25.

hollywooddiary1.jpg

hollywooddiary2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Journey into Mystery #58 May 1960 Marvel Pubs

More cool Kirby and Ditko monster stuff!

Lots of wrinkling and creases. Small bug hole in bottom spine. Several very tiny edge tears. General wear. No pieces missing or major tears. Cover and centerfold bound well to covers. Off white interior pages.

Was $40.   Now $35.

journeymystery58a.jpg

journeymystery58b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Archie #76 Sept-Oct 1955 Archie Pubs

Some light dirt in lower left corner. Light discolor spots. Back cover has dirty corner at spine. Small color touch at spine in blue next to the letter "A" in title. Small 1/2" right side edge tear. Bright and cover + centerfold bound well to book. Nice interior paper

$25.

archie76a.jpg

archie76b.jpg

Wings #84 Aug 1947 Friction House Pubs

Another great Bob Lubbers good girl art cover.

Nice, bright color on this one! Spine is rolled and has bug chews. Book is off kilter a bit. Some wrinkling, small edge tears and creasing. Cover and centerfold bound well to book. Yellowed but supple interior pages.

Was $35.   Now $30.

wings84a.jpg

wings84b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man