• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics on Record Covers and Record Covers in Comics
1 1

178 posts in this topic

On 24/09/2017 at 11:26 PM, Ken Aldred said:

10 hours ago, Marwood & I said:

What great lives some people lead. Not enough fun in the world....

It's a classic.

Edited by Ken Aldred

18 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

HA... !

Thoughts on the first single off the new album? It was barely shruggable for me. It was meh and seemed lazy. 

I don't mind it Buzz, but it's hardly vintage Mozz. It does feel slightly lazy yes, but when you consider its title maybe that's deliberate?

Look out for this film if you can:  

http://www.genesiuspictures.com/the-more-you-ignore-me-2017/

My nephew is on the production team and has been keeping me updated on progress. He was in Cannes the lucky beggar helping to find a distributor. Lots of well know English actors and, of course, a full Smiths score. Jo Brand (the author of the book on which it is based) is a big Smiths fan. Should be good.

There's been another Morrissey film out over here - England Is Mine - but I haven't had time to see it yet.

Here's one more - Mozz smash!

Image result for morrissey comic book

@Buzzetta

On 26/09/2017 at 6:01 PM, Marwood & I said:
On 25/09/2017 at 10:59 PM, Buzzetta said:

HA... !

Thoughts on the first single off the new album? It was barely shruggable for me. It was meh and seemed lazy. 

I don't mind it Buzz, but it's hardly vintage Mozz. It does feel slightly lazy yes, but when you consider its title maybe that's deliberate?

Look out for this film if you can:  

http://www.genesiuspictures.com/the-more-you-ignore-me-2017/

My nephew is on the production team and has been keeping me updated on progress. He was in Cannes the lucky beggar helping to find a distributor. Lots of well know English actors and, of course, a full Smiths score. Jo Brand (the author of the book on which it is based) is a big Smiths fan. Should be good.

There's been another Morrissey film out over here - England Is Mine - but I haven't had time to see it yet.

Here's one more - Mozz smash!

I like it more every time I hear it. Isn't it great that a bloke of his age can still turn out entertaining, slightly knowing songs just on the right side of throw away. Who else could get away with 'Spent the Day in Bed' as a song title? The man is a genius (and a vastly underrated comic to keep it topical) :cloud9:

4 hours ago, ivrimark said:

Back cover of Arlo Guthrie's Hobo's Lullaby.  Looks like Thor Annual #3:

R-1192689-1348779867-2180_jpeg_1800x.jpg

That's a good one @ivrimark

More like what I had in mind when I started this thread (thumbsu

5 hours ago, Bird said:

apologies if it has been posted, but it took years of walking by this CD of my wife's before I realized it was Hernandez art! 

71tPPlU6DtL._SL1051_.jpg71EWJyJdUaL._SX522_.jpg

Hope the album is as good as the cover art @Bird :headbang: