• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics on Record Covers and Record Covers in Comics
1 1

178 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, lizards2 said:

Fuzzy-wuzzy Fish-heads :banana:

Party in my Pants! :banana:

10 hours ago, Marwood & I said:

Not sure if this has been done before, but I'll start with this LP from the imaginatively titled 'Barnes & Barnes' which I found recently. I haven't played it yet but with titles like 'I want to live in your brain' and 'I don't remember tomorrow' it's got to be good.

Hasn't it? hm

111.jpg.66b3594f464a9cc9a20959c4b9b6b426.jpg  1.jpg.db0f7ffbb253d26bc5ca263067994c72.jpg 

11.jpg.a297c7524cd6e059ba99db6def5758e0.jpg

Ones of the "Barnes" is actually Bill Mumy from Lost in Space who is also a big comic book collector. Probably explains this.

1 minute ago, Robot Man said:

Ones of the "Barnes" is actually Bill Mumy from Lost in Space who is also a big comic book collector. Probably explains this.

Did not know that! :banana:

13 hours ago, newshane said:

Not a comic, but a pulp.

The scan is of my personal copy. :x

AstoundingScienceFictionOctober1955.jpg

Queen - News of the World.JPG

That takes me back @newshane My Mum and Dad had that album. The robot reminded me of the big metal chap in Jason and the Argonauts and, if I'm honest, it scared the health out of me. 

9 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Excellent. He was in Lost in Space, made great records and collected comics. What great lives some people lead. Not enough fun in the world....

4 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

IMG_6845.JPG

Nice. For a second, and given Marvels current preoccupation with diversity, I thought that might be the cover to the latest edition of The Fantastic Four. 

11 hours ago, lizards2 said:

He was also in the band America I believe. As well as the Jenerators. Also, of note he was a member of the band Seduction of the Innocent who played many years at the SDCC. One year on Jack Kirby's birthday. It was great to see Jack and Roz dancing to them. Google it. 

A studio musician friend took me over to his house once. Got to see his collection which was off the hook. We spent more time playing guitars and talking music though. 

18 minutes ago, Robot Man said:
11 hours ago, lizards2 said:

He was also in the band America I believe. As well as the Jenerators. Also, of note he was a member of the band Seduction of the Innocent who played many years at the SDCC. One year on Jack Kirby's birthday. It was great to see Jack and Roz dancing to them. Google it. 

A studio musician friend took me over to his house once. Got to see his collection which was off the hook. We spent more time playing guitars and talking music though. 

I remember reading about Seduction of the Innocent, as I was a Buyer's Guide subscriber for many, many years.

Did not know the rest of the band biography.

1 hour ago, Marwood & I said:

That takes me back @newshane My Mum and Dad had that album. The robot reminded me of the big metal chap in Jason and the Argonauts and, if I'm honest, it scared the health out of me. 

Ha - I had that on 8-track tape, listening to it in my Datsun B-110 with my girlfriend in high school...., :preach: