• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

question about a Piece I have
2 2

18 posts in this topic

Greetings all, I got this Bruce Timm piece a while back.

Scan_0006.jpg

It looks to be done on tracing paper and is made up of blue lines. I am looking to sell this but I do not wish to mislead anyone Any information on if this is a production piece for something or what.

Thanks much!

Other Timm experts should chime in.  But I think if it is a prelim, having it on regular paper with some blue pencils is ok.

But I don't know his catwoman drawings as well as I do  Batman so I can't say if that looks right or wrong.

Malvin

17 hours ago, mrblond4 said:

Greetings all, I got this Bruce Timm piece a while back.

Scan_0006.jpg

It looks to be done on tracing paper and is made up of blue lines. I am looking to sell this but I do not wish to mislead anyone Any information on if this is a production piece for something or what.

Thanks much!

Most of the Timm pieces I've owned have been on thin paper, usually 8x10-8 1/2x11, and he used blue pencil an several of them and then finished them in ink. Not speaking to this piece specifically but the small, thin paper , the blue pencils and the inks/markers over it are like a lot of Timm pieces. 

Do you remember where you picked it up? Perhaps emailing Albert would help. He's sold everything Timm's put out. 

it is 8 1/5 x 11 and I can try to get a pic of it. this was a scan from my printer.

Off hand I cant remember where I got it, it was at a time where I bought quite a bit of art from a few places.

I also sent Albert a Email with the Scan, maybe he can help some.

Edited by mrblond4

20 hours ago, comix4fun said:

Not speaking to this piece specifically but the small, thin paper , the blue pencils and the inks/markers over it are like a lot of Timm pieces. 

This has been my experience as well. But to play devil's advocate, Timm is one of those cartoon styles that is attractive for forgers.

I have no eye for this sort of thing, but it looks legit to me.

22 minutes ago, BCarter27 said:

This has been my experience as well. But to play devil's advocate, Timm is one of those cartoon styles that is attractive for forgers.

Agreed. That was one reason I mentioned asking Albert. He's seen more Timm than anyone besides Timm. 

1 hour ago, BCarter27 said:

its my concern as well. the main one really.

Bruce uses a blue pencil to sketch his stuff out and uses animation paper usually, which is thinner than artboards. But sometimes he uses cardstock and sometime vellum, like this sounds like. But they are all usually 8 1/2 x 11.

I have a similar piece that is full figure, blue pencil & inks on vellum (tracing paper) that you can see here. http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1360473

But yours looks totally legit to me, and it's a nice piece. I hope that helps!

Definitely Bruce. Cool piece! Unless someone says otherwise, it doesn't look like anything I've seen in print, it just looks like one of his many character drawings just done for giggles, and posted for sale.

Edited by ESeffinga