• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicArtTracker.com
3 3

369 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, Rick2you2 said:

I was wondering why Cool lines doesn't appear in the list of dealers or anywhere else for checking/unchecking?

They are in the list. (:

5a54bddc4b417_Capturedecran2018-01-09a14_02_28.png.6fa9aabdc780866e2d98ef4854926b15.png

37 minutes ago, Rick2you2 said:

Also, why are some boxes permanently "greyed out"?

These are websites that I list here as a reference, so that you can check them by yourself... but that ComicArtTracker does not index for different reasons:
- ComicLink because they blacklisted ComicArtTracker
- a few other websites because they are not well structured enough to be indexed

On 12/21/2017 at 4:37 PM, BCarter27 said:

Just remembered there was probably a Focused Auction coming up at @COMICLINKin January and had to manually go to their site. How 2016 of me! So used to CAT spoonfeeding me everything that isn't on CAF. I'm really hoping Comic Link comes back to the fold. :wishluck: If they are taking the time to cross-post select listings on CAF (and I agree they should if that avenue is available to them), makes me wonder why they don't want their whole feed at CAT. Certainly more exposure can only benefit their consignors.

Where are you@COMICLINK? Why can't I find you? Why have you gone away?

11 hours ago, NicoV said:

Hello everyone!

ComicArtTracker has been live now for more than a year. Time flies! I'm very happy (and proud) of how fellow comic art collectors have adopted it and use it almost daily. (And some of you serious art addicts are on there even more!) I hope it has helped a lot of you to find some hidden gems...

But the ComicArtTracker you use is also a young project, with a lot of imperfections and missing features. At least that's how I see it. So I've been working hard this past year on a new version of CAT. And as today is my birthday, let's celebrate with this new version!

So what's new on ComicArtTracker v2? A lot of things... but the most important are probably:

• A completely-revamped mobile-friendly layout and a neater design.
  • Improved performance: all pages load faster, even with thousands of listings
  • A Gallery View layout to focus more on the images
  • Shared Lists which you can curate and then share either publicly or with friends. For example: http://comicarttracker.com/en/shared/UGwy5Q
  • Search for Similar buttons on each listing
  • Social media sharing for each listing or page on Facebook, Twitter, or WhatsApp
  • New Sources! Including the whole eBay BIN inventory

Changing from CAT v1 to CAT v2 should be transparent: same links, same username and password, and your favorites and settings are preserved. I just finished migrating the website to the new version so if there's something weird try to refresh your browser's cache.

I hope you will like this new version and will quickly find your way with the new layout. Of course, CAT will continue to evolve, so feel free to send your comments, ideas, or bugs... I'm eager to know what you think about ComicArtTracker v2.

Best,
NicoV

I was trying to use it, and I can't get all the new art posted in the last 24 hours. Some of it is missing, and some pages won't open.

5 hours ago, Rick2you2 said:

I was trying to use it, and I can't get all the new art posted in the last 24 hours. Some of it is missing, and some pages won't open.

Firefox or Chrome are probably the best browsers to use it in. Also, try force-refreshing the page -- Shift-Ctrl-R or Shift-Cmd-R.

4 hours ago, BCarter27 said:

Firefox or Chrome are probably the best browsers to use it in. Also, try force-refreshing the page -- Shift-Ctrl-R or Shift-Cmd-R.

Still not working, on pages 2-4. Just a bunch of greyed out boxes with no descriptions.

Also, the page numbers on the bottom of the 4 page list for new art don't work.

3 hours ago, Rick2you2 said:

Just a bunch of greyed out boxes with no descriptions.

What browser and OS are you on so I can test it? Also, do you have a fast connection?

3 hours ago, Rick2you2 said:

Also, the page numbers on the bottom of the 4 page list for new art don't work.

I see what you mean... I'll ask Nico.

If you guys and gals are consigning to ComicLink, drop them a line and ask Doug or Jason if they can reach out to Nico for integration with CAT. It would mean more exposure and engagement for your listings. Especially for the big auction starting this week!

Now, the New Art category isn't working for me at all. The name of the piece pops up, but no image.

Correction: about a dozen pieces showed up on the bottom of page 1, but nothing on the top or anything on pages 2-5.

Selecting specific subjects does seem to work.

Edited by Rick2you2

10 minutes ago, Rick2you2 said:

Now, the New Art category isn't working for me at all. The name of the piece pops up, but no image.

Correction: about a dozen pieces showed up on the bottom of page 1, but nothing on the top or anything on pages 2-5.

Selecting specific subjects does seem to work.

Do images appear if you apply a filter? Or change the default sort?

1 hour ago, NicoV said:

Do images appear if you apply a filter? Or change the default sort?

I generally leave the option of all new art for ebay as selected, instead of the auto selection of what is "hot". The Phantom Stranger is almost never "hot" artwork. The filter doesn't seem to have an effect.

Now, some of the newest art is visible but otherwise, still nothing on pps 2-5 and there are still blanks on page 1.