• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicArtTracker.com
3 3

369 posts in this topic

Perhaps I’m a bit biased since I use it daily (setting alerts by artist is really great) but its pretty straight forward. In the search bar, type the artist, character or title you are looking for. If you have an account and are signed in when you search you’ll get back a listing of all the available art based on what you typed in. It’s defaulted to show you newest to the market art first, but you can change it so you see the least expensive art first, most expensive etc. Scroll through and by clicking on the picture will give you a large screen preview of the art, hitting the view/buy button will take you to the website and page it’s being sold from. It’s like searching the classifieds or dealer for sale art at CAF but searching multiple different sites (including CAF) at the same time. I find it very helpful.

3 hours ago, NicoV said:

Hello everyone!

I just updated ComicArtTracker. This update is mainly a technical update, so not a lot of new features for you:

• some new sources (artists and auction houses)
  • GDPR stuff (better late than never), mainly for European citizens - better information and control about data privacy and cookies
  • a better management of "weird" characters (typically for north european countries but not only)

However, I rewrote 90% of my whole backend to improve sources management and indexation, and more globally I worked a lot on CAT infrastructure. CAT started small two years ago, but with now more than 280 websites to index and 1.2M of original artworks, it was time to work on a new sustainable architecture. So don't panic if you see a lot of "new artworks" listed today, some of them are not really new!

It seems like I lost my SSL certificate during this update (the small padlock displayed with the website address) but I'm working on it. If you see any problem on this new version, feel free to contact me (even if not sure about it to be an issue or not).

Hope you enjoy ComicArtTracker and will appreciate this new version! :)
Don't forget to join on Facebook: https://fb.me/ComicArtTracker

I am still not able to open eBay listings anymore, even though I used to do so.

3 hours ago, Michael Browning said:

I have to admit that I don’t understand this website at all, couldn’t navigate it and finally stopped trying a few weeks ago. Very confusing and I’m just not as patient as I used to be in trying to learn new things.

You go to “art for sale” and scroll down to the category you want. Once you have that down, you can go to the other lists and try other options.

10 minutes ago, Rick2you2 said:

I am still not able to open eBay listings anymore, even though I used to do so.

My guess is that this is an ad blocker gone awry. Do you have one installed? If so, try disabling it or dig into its settings and reset it to defaults as a test. Also, try a force refresh on the CAT page -- Shift-Ctrl-R.

4 hours ago, NicoV said:

Hello everyone!

I just updated ComicArtTracker. This update is mainly a technical update, so not a lot of new features for you:

• some new sources (artists and auction houses)
  • GDPR stuff (better late than never), mainly for European citizens - better information and control about data privacy and cookies
  • a better management of "weird" characters (typically for north european countries but not only)

However, I rewrote 90% of my whole backend to improve sources management and indexation, and more globally I worked a lot on CAT infrastructure. CAT started small two years ago, but with now more than 280 websites to index and 1.2M of original artworks, it was time to work on a new sustainable architecture. So don't panic if you see a lot of "new artworks" listed today, some of them are not really new!

It seems like I lost my SSL certificate during this update (the small padlock displayed with the website address) but I'm working on it. If you see any problem on this new version, feel free to contact me (even if not sure about it to be an issue or not).

Hope you enjoy ComicArtTracker and will appreciate this new version! :)
Don't forget to join on Facebook: https://fb.me/ComicArtTracker

When Moses comes down from the mountain, put down your false idols and listen people! (worship)(worship)(worship)

I love Comic Art Tracker, and use it everyday (thank you daily alert emails!). I wanted to suggest something, but I have no idea if it's feasible. As we know many people sell their art on CAF but it's not always through the classifieds. Often times if you comb through people's galleries the For Sale Status will say "FS", "For Sale", "Offers" or list a dollar amount. Is it doable to search that field and bring back hits for certain keywords or a numeric value?

53 minutes ago, ZimmermanTelegram said:

I love Comic Art Tracker, and use it everyday (thank you daily alert emails!). I wanted to suggest something, but I have no idea if it's feasible. As we know many people sell their art on CAF but it's not always through the classifieds. Often times if you comb through people's galleries the For Sale Status will say "FS", "For Sale", "Offers" or list a dollar amount. Is it doable to search that field and bring back hits for certain keywords or a numeric value?

I get the idea here, but at the same time, I think we should only consider items with a numeric value in the field, not anything that is not "NFS" or otherwise specific things to include.  That ensures that we would only see items that have a listed price and aren't a fishing excerice where maybe the piece really isn't for sale.

5 hours ago, NicoV said:

Thanks for your suggestion and your support. Today all art for sale on CAF and any other website within the CAF marketplace (Romitaman,  Moy & cie) is provided by Bill Cox through a specific interface between CAT and CAF. So yes, I guess he could change this interface to also include art that is not officially for sale but has a status saying "for sale" / FS / etc. But I don't see any reason for him to do it, and I would not ask him to do it, as access to the CAF Classified section is one of the main reasons for people to sign up for a premium account.

The same applies to 2DGalleries or any other marketplace where you pay to list your art for sale (and 2DGalleries is much tougher regarding people using their platform to sell art without having a premium account: they already deleted accounts, without any warning sometimes, from people who added a "for sale" or equivalent text to their description, or even from people who simply advertised on comic art-related boards about art for sale and linking to their non-premium 2DG page).

I already thought about a related feature, which would allow you to add any CAF or 2DG art to your tracked art, so that you can keep all your "bookmarked" art in one single place on CAT and be reminded to check the status of this art (or send a message to the owner) from time to time. But for sure that's not as useful as an automated daily search on specific keywords, and thus it's not on my priority list.

All well and good! I appreciate you taking the time to explain. Continued success and thanks for creating and maintaining such a wonderful tool for the market!!!

I have possibly a stupid question. How would I search for Batman Beyond and get reasonable amount of hits? Searching that those two words together gives me almost 7,000 results which is just the same as searching for Batman. If I search just the term Beyond, I get zero results back. Searching Terry McGinnis gives me a handful of hits with Batman Beyond also being used in the title of results, so I know they are out there. Anybody out there have any suggestions???

14 minutes ago, ZimmermanTelegram said:

I have possibly a stupid question. How would I search for Batman Beyond and get reasonable amount of hits? Searching that those two words together gives me almost 7,000 results which is just the same as searching for Batman. If I search just the term Beyond, I get zero results back. Searching Terry McGinnis gives me a handful of hits with Batman Beyond also being used in the title of results, so I know they are out there. Anybody out there have any suggestions???

If you have a particular artist(s) in mind, adding their last name should help narrow results.

17 minutes ago, ZimmermanTelegram said:

Try using quotes. I searched for "Batman Beyond" (quotation marks included) and got 130 results.