• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicArtTracker.com
3 3

369 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, bisquitodoom said:

The more I use it, the more I like it.  Great job on this!  I can't imagine how long it took to put together, but I'll certainly use it a lot. 

The only suggestion I have is that it would be really nice if it also included CAF classified postings.  

I second this!  It seems like a lot of art that I miss gets bought and sold on CAF.

4 minutes ago, NicoV said:

It seems that ComicConnect blacklisted my server... meh

Don't know if they did it on purpose or not , but I knew CAT could bother some websites...

I remember a conversation somewhere on these boards... trying to explain to someone why sites may not like people scraping or polling data from them if they don't have an API for that express purpose.

I would not be surprised to see more sites that are professionally run do the same.

7 minutes ago, NicoV said:

It seems that ComicConnect blacklisted my server... meh

Don't know if they did it on purpose or not , but I knew CAT could bother some websites...

Not sure why any of these sites would do that. It seems like free advertising. The more eyes on there art the more likely people bid and buy i would think

18 minutes ago, artistlost said:

Not sure why any of these sites would do that. It seems like free advertising. The more eyes on there art the more likely people bid and buy i would think

Depending on how things are being done, it could look like any sort of nefarious activities to the system administration people.

great job Nico - I found a few pieces I didn't know existed.

Question: if no results are found then the screen turns up blank - is that correct? if so, it would be helpful to have a simple 'no results found'. the first couple of times I wondered if my connection timed out and did a second search.

1 hour ago, SquareChaos said:

I remember a conversation somewhere on these boards... trying to explain to someone why sites may not like people scraping or polling data from them if they don't have an API for that express purpose.

I would not be surprised to see more sites that are professionally run do the same.

For sure scraping is not ideal... and if some of these websites give me APIs it would be great!  Anyway, I'm really cautious to not heavily query any website. For instance ComicConnect: I only open 3 pages every 3 hours...

1 hour ago, artistlost said:

That's also my opinion but some sites can have their own strategy... That's also why I launched CAT in beta, to see if there was any issue with professionals. I don't think it would upset any dealer or artist, but it could be different with auction houses or marketplaces.

23 minutes ago, Hekla said:

great job Nico - I found a few pieces I didn't know existed.

Question: if no results are found then the screen turns up blank - is that correct? if so, it would be helpful to have a simple 'no results found'. the first couple of times I wondered if my connection timed out and did a second search.

Yep you're right, I'm aware of it :nyah:

4 minutes ago, NicoV said:

For sure scraping is not ideal... and if some of these websites give me APIs it would be great!  Anyway, I'm really cautious to not heavily query any website. For instance ComicConnect: I only open 3 pages every 3 hours...

That's also my opinion but some sites can have their own strategy... That's also why I launched CAT in beta, to see if there was any issue with professionals. I don't think it would upset any dealer or artist, but it could be different with auction houses or marketplaces.

Yep you're right, I'm aware of it :nyah:

May be worth reaching out proactively and explaining what you're trying to do. I too would be surprised if many would then block you - your site is a great tool for collectors and drives business to them for free (I imagine that is your plan anyway).

Perhaps there is a problem or a delay with password resets?    FYI.     I requested a reset and haven't seen anything.   Spam folder is empty.  

Kudos again, this is really a terrific site you've put together.

Edited by Bronty

On 29/09/2017 at 12:06 AM, Bronty said:

Perhaps there is a problem or a delay with password resets?    FYI.     I requested a reset and haven't seen anything.   Spam folder is empty.  

Kudos again, this is really a terrific site you've put together.

Yes my email service provider had an issue for 24 hours. It's now fixed (and you probably received your emails 24 hours later).

1 hour ago, Twanj said:

I also got an error because I put in my email address instead of a username (I forgot what it was)

I fixed this error + you can now reset your password by giving your username OR your email... thanks for pointing this out to me!

1 hour ago, Twanj said:

Again, pretty unusable on Chrome 61 for Mac. No problems on Safari.

Do you still have problems with the Favorites page? Or other pages as well?
I use Chrome on Mac every day (v60) with 2650 artworks matching one of my 40 keywords... and I never had any issue. 

Can you give me some details by MP? Does it hang from the beginning? Or when only a few sources remain? Is it always the same? 

1 hour ago, NicoV said:

I fixed this error + you can now reset your password by giving your username OR your email... thanks for pointing this out to me!

Do you still have problems with the Favorites page? Or other pages as well?
I use Chrome on Mac every day (v60) with 2650 artworks matching one of my 40 keywords... and I never had any issue. 

Can you give me some details by MP? Does it hang from the beginning? Or when only a few sources remain? Is it always the same? 

Thanks for fixing the login thing!

I only notice the issue on the Favorites page. I have 23 keywords with about 1900 matches. It hangs from the beginning. Eventually Chrome displays a KILL or WAIT dialog. Then you can scroll down, but it's painfully slow. Maybe something with how the images are loaded? At first I thought it was since the net was unreliable from the hurricane, but that's stable now. So I tried another browser & noticed it works normal in Safari.

Chrome Version 61.0.3163.100 (Official Build) (64-bit) on MacOS 10.13.0

Here's a great opportunity to test out the CAT tracking feature... ComicLink is ending Friday evening! So you can browse the whole auction and track your favs right from CAT-

http://comicarttracker.com/en/comiclink-auctions/2017-10-13

(Just keep in mind, prices are not up to the minute. So when you are ready to bid tomorrow, click through and sign into ComicLink for the most recent bid info.)