• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Planet Comics 71, Classic Cover
1 1

11 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I've sold a bunch of stuff on here over the years and had a generally great experience.  My business needs an infusion of cash, just had a funeral, and the bills keep coming so, I'm selling a few things that I normally would not sell.  Since I have to sell these books, I'd rather someone here got them than total strangers on eBay.  So here are the rules:

-first :takeit: in the thread first wins, although I'm open to reasonable offers via pm.

-No HoS or probation list buyers.

-Shipping via USPS Priority is $11 for up to 8 books and without insurance for the continental U.S.  I'll get a quote for anything outside of this.

-Payment via PayPal

-All other usual rules apply

-My kudos thread can be found here:

Thanks for looking.

For now, this is the only book I'm listing-

Planet Comics 71, Classic cover with a cover usually attributed to Maurice Whitman but I believe the woman is the work of Norman Saunders (famous pulp cover artist).  Both worked for Fiction House and it seems likely there could have been some crossover.  Pages are beautiful white with off-whitish edges.  Cover is glossy and clean, staples are solid for cover and centerfold.  Back cover is clean.  The only real flaw is a small bindery type tear at the top of the spine, approx. 1/8".  This is the finest copy that I've personally seen after searching for years.  I purchased it unrestored and there has been no work performed on the book since I've owned it (pressing or otherwise).  These don't come up in grade very often at all and the last one in 8.0 sold on Heritage for $2032 in May (2016?).  I'm grading this as a 7.0 but check photos for your own assessment (i've included lots of photos!).  It's a very beautiful book.

Note: with a book as nice as this, I would prefer to ship insured.  If buyer insists otherwise, that's fine but at their own risk.  Otherwise, buyer pays for insurance.

$1500  SOLD!

Planet 71_01A.jpg

Planet 71_Back.jpg

IMG_2664_S.jpg

IMG_2665_S.jpg

IMG_2666_S.jpg

IMG_2667_S.jpg

IMG_2668_S.jpg

IMG_2669_S.jpg

Edited by Randall Dowling

Someone asked via pm if I would take a return.  My answer is yes, but please don't buy unless you're a serious buyer and want the book.  I've had someone buy from me before so they can turn right around and try to sell to someone else and make a quick profit.  While I don't care if someone does that, please don't return it to me after if it doesn't sell.  I'd rather sell to a serious collector.

3 minutes ago, Inaflash said:

One of the nicest Planet 71's I've seen offered on the boards. My favorite cover of the run.

Ken

......it's one of the most beautiful comics ever made.

One of my biggest regrets was selling a raw copy that later graded 8.5....... I had just listed it in a thread, and had second thoughts.... but when I went to delete the post, Foolkiller had already claimed it ...... sometimes it sucks to be honorable lol GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu