• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Two out of three

29 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Unca Ben said:

Yes.

...and that may also be part of the problem.  Depending upon the volume of items being sent using those higher priority shipping methods, yours may well have sat until the backlog of higher priority items was dealt with. 

Not likely. USPS is usually pretty good at keeping things moving. More likely is it was placed in the wrong pile by someone or thing along the way, and managed to stay mixed up i the wrong material until someone discovered where it was, and corrected the route it should have been taking.

Given that they handle and deliver something in the neighborhood of 500 million pieces of mail a day, once in a while something is bound to be mishandled/misplaced.

Glad to hear like they finally found it and knocked it loose. That's been my experience when something "disappeared" in transit.

and finally it is here....... the art had a very relaxed trip from San Jose to San Franscisco :) it took almost 3 weeks, but after this long walk it flew directly to Italy and knock on my door without any issue.

Again thanks David for the great support and a always constructive mail exchange despite the crisis....

cheers

Yep, the parcel arrived safely (although Alberto mentioned that someone manged to dent a corner of the parcel - the art was shipped sandwiched between 2 sheets of over-sized Masonite, so I believe that absorbed the damage and the art was okay).

The package started its journey the morning of Sept. 8th, as I got it to the Post Office the afternoon of Sept.7th.  Tracking showed delivery on Oct. 11th.
So it took 4 weeks and 6 days to complete its journey.

But, as they say, all is well that ends well!
And my thanks to Alberto for his patience on this matter.

Edited by Unca Ben