• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FF #114 Page on Ebay is Really From #174

4 posts in this topic

For anyone interested in the John Buscema Fantastic Four #114 page currently on eBay, please note that this page is actually from #174.  Here's the auction:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JOHN-BUSCEMA-OPIGINAL-ART-FROM-FANTASTIC-FOUR-114-WITH-REED-AND-THE-THIING/202057771044?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

The seller has been notified.  However, the listing remains unchanged as of this posting.

Not sure what, if any, difference this would have in the page's value at auction*.  But if you're looking for some sweet Overmind action, this isn't it...:sorry:

Overmind.gif.a68254dc82aec84e29491450534a95ed.gif

* My guess would be that it would be a minor difference.  Consult your professional art advisor for their opinion.

2 hours ago, Shaun C89 said:

Thanks, I'm probably not going to bid but I was trying to figure out what issue that page was from.

Yer welcome, Shaun.

It looks like the top of the "7" in "174" was simply trimmed off during the original production process.  So, I understand how this could have easily been confused by anyone.

If the Overmind story arc wasn't so ingrained in my psyche, I probably wouldn't have caught this either.

More trivia:  FF#114 was also an issue that was inked by Frank Giacoia, not Joe Sinnott.  However, Joltin' Joe did ink the #174 page in the auction.