• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hyperion's first appearance

3 posts in this topic

Can anyone tell me what most people consider the most important of his 1st appearances?

I 'm guessing Avengers 69 with Squadron Sinister, but thats really a last page 2 panel cameo and one of them he is in shadows on a hill. Avengers 70 is a full appearance and origin, but then in AV 85 he's more of the hero-ish version from another universe as part of squadron supreme.

I find the same difficulty with Valkyrie... Defenders 4 vs Avengers 83 vs Hulk 126

...and Quasar/Marvel Man/Crusader in Hulk 234 or FF 164 or CA 217

23 hours ago, TheUrologist1 said:

Can anyone tell me what most people consider the most important of his 1st appearances?

I 'm guessing Avengers 69 with Squadron Sinister, but thats really a last page 2 panel cameo and one of them he is in shadows on a hill. Avengers 70 is a full appearance and origin, but then in AV 85 he's more of the hero-ish version from another universe as part of squadron supreme.

I find the same difficulty with Valkyrie... Defenders 4 vs Avengers 83 vs Hulk 126

...and Quasar/Marvel Man/Crusader in Hulk 234 or FF 164 or CA 217

Well I can only provide my thoughts for two of them.

I believe Avengers #70 is considered Hyperion's 1st appearance. Avengers 83 is absolutely Valkyrie's 1st appearance, no question there.