• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four #48...CGC 9.8
2 2

67 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Park said:

Blowie. I want to read that thread. Find it for us. :foryou:

Pontoon is thinking about something different - he may be completely right about whatever he is talking about, but it is not the FF48s from Utah. Or I am the one who is suffering from memory loss, which is what I am starting to come around to at this point.:ohnoez:

Edited by seanfingh

It's possible that I am conflating some of the details of the ff48 find with the big 1950 ME find from around the same time that had MULTIPLE copies of Ghost Rider 1 and the Frazetta Durango Kid books in UHG.

46 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

Pontoon is thinking about something different - he may be completely right about whatever he is talking about, but it is not the FF48s from Utah. Or I am the one who is suffering from memory loss, which is what I am starting to come around to at this point.:ohnoez:

Either or would be cool to read. Those threads are the best reads around here.

Also, don't ever let Blowie off that easy. He know his job around here.

58 minutes ago, Park said:
2 hours ago, Pontoon said:

As I recall, the books were found in boxes, with other books besides FF #48, and it was a gas station in Canada not Utah. I might be fuzzy. There was definitely board discussion about them. I threw in bids here and there, but they weren’t in my wheelhouse/pay grade at the time.

Blowie. I want to read that thread. Find it for us. :foryou:

Yes Sir, Mister Park! 

16 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Yes Sir, Mister Park! 

You are the bestest, Blowie regardless of what all these guys say about you.

5 minutes ago, Park said:

Yeah, you suck. It's mentioned like twice in that thread. Damn you Blowie, damn you.

I remember the thread...I'm thinking 10+ years ago. At that time, I am pretty sure he said he had recently came across the boxes in a gas station out in the desert somewhere. I remember lots  and lots of pictures of minty FF48's and other 1966 Marvels. We all went nuts. He did sell a bunch on eBay, like others I bid on several and lost every time. I also remember he got crazy and had blow-ups with a few boardies, I believe he made some threats or something. Is that thread too old to find?

2 hours ago, Park said:
2 hours ago, Park said:

Yeah, you suck. It's mentioned like twice in that thread. Damn you Blowie, damn you.

:foryou:

12 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

:foryou:

:foryou::foryou::foryou:

Nice job. Really good stuff in there so far. Lots of knowledgeable boardies in there that don't post anymore as well.

Thank you Blowie.

3 hours ago, Park said:

:foryou::foryou::foryou:

Nice job. Really good stuff in there so far. Lots of knowledgeable boardies in there that don't post anymore as well.

Thank you Blowie.

You finally quoted the right person....and not yourself again. Congrats.

9 hours ago, VintageComics said:

You finally quoted the right person....and not yourself again. Congrats.

My quotes are typically that much more awesome than the usual miscreant.

Miscreant.

Getting back to the question in hand...last sale in December (before the current Disney to buy 20th Century Fox run up) was $30k.  The book in other grades is all green arrows all the time, so that's a reasonable starting point in today's madness.