• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Something went wrong. Please try again.
3 3

165 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Pontoon said:

Oddly, although I have been getting the same "request blocked" window, I was able to log into NGC boards. Maybe I'll bop over to their WC and give it a stir...

The same thing will happen. If you hit the back arrow, you get the request block notice. The only workaround I seem to be able to do is go to the top of the screen and hit Chat boards or forums and then re-enter that way.

6 minutes ago, GACollectibles said:
20 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

I just read that Facebook and Instagram are down in many parts of the world.

I've never seen Facebook, Instagram & CGC Chat Boards together in the room at the same time, it it all just one entity? :whatthe:

One big inbred F-Fest...., 

23 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

ERROR

The request could not be satisfied. Haven't you got a wife to talk to or something? Stop taking her for granted and take her out.  Maybe her requests aren't satisfied either. So log out and go and do something else, like printing some anal-retentive stickers to plaster everywhere, or watch some sports on ye bewb tewb. Cos it's not going to get any better, I can tell you that for nothing. I won't charge you. Look, just get a life and log out will you?  Spending every second on here, every flaming day and night. What is wrong with you? 

Request blocked. 

Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)
Request ID: xRdeovIK-NsZGNecO-sQpFyQQ8jinmNEi-vPve1_CVPyXXusjnqwbQ==

Fixed it for you.

1 minute ago, lizards2 said:

One big inbred F-Fest...., 

Hold on; what's that noise? Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Is that - no, it can't be. Can it? Is that him? Is that Arch, racing towards us to solve the problem of the new constant error message?  Can it be him, our saviour, the only man who can bring us blessed online relief? Has he finally noted the problem and broken free from his stupor to race to our rescue! Praise him! Oh God, praise him! He, the Architecht of all our blessings! He, the one and-

Oh, hang on, sorry guys. False alarm. Its the pizza delivery boy.

Just now, Marwood & I said:
8 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Fixed it for you.

Her requests will be satisfied now the pizza delivery boy's arrived liz :D

I didn't want to get overly graphic about him, the pool boy, et al.   :whistle:

Didn't know if you were a sport today...., :wink:

17 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I didn't want to get overly graphic about him, the pool boy, et al.   :whistle:

Didn't know if you were a sport today...., :wink:

Always. Now, where can I access this ye old bewb tewb of which you speak? :grin:

• Administrator

Hi All,

I've entered a support ticket for the boards vendor to make sure they're aware of this issue. At this point, I'm not sure if this issue is specific to these boards or something wider-scale.

I'll let you know as I learn more.

Thanks,

Scott

11 minutes ago, Scott =) said:

Hi All,

I've entered a support ticket for the boards vendor to make sure they're aware of this issue. At this point, I'm not sure if this issue is specific to these boards or something wider-scale.

I'll let you know as I learn more.

Thanks,

Scott

Really bad this afternoon, but the boards haven't been working that great for me for quite a while. 

Edited by Sqeggs

5 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Yep.  I get kicked out every few minutes.

Enough about your private life Sqeggs, we're talking about the boards here :wink:

5 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Really bad this afternoon, but the boards haven't been working that great for me for quite a while. 

+1,000,000

• Administrator

Thanks for that feedback. Can either of you help me understand what you mean by "not working that great for quite a while"? Does that mean lots of errors? Slow load times? A combination of issues? etc.

3 minutes ago, Scott =) said:

Thanks for that feedback. Can either of you help me understand what you mean by "not working that great"? Does that mean lots of errors? Slow load times? A combination of issues? etc.

Combination of issues.  Slow load times seem particularly noticeable when posting in PMs or when calling up the Notifications list.

And fairly frequent timeouts.  Those happen without regard to what activity I'm doing. Nothing as bad as the timeouts this afternoon, but happening much more often than in the past.

4 minutes ago, Scott =) said:

Thanks for that feedback. Can either of you help me understand what you mean by "not working that great"? Does that mean lots of errors? Slow load times? A combination of issues? etc.

When the screen that blowupthemoon posted came up, you are locked out. If you are on the forum and hit the back arrow, it also pops up. BTW, you posted a few minutes ago. It took me 3 times again to get on. The problem has been intermittent but continuous for the last 2 hours, especially on the WC.

2 minutes ago, Scott =) said:

The boards have been painfully slow for weeks for me. Certain parts of the site seem to take forever to load. For example, if I click on someone's avatar to see their profile page it can take up to 20 seconds to load. I'm not an expert, but it sometimes just feels like there isn't enough juice in the engine and the software is creaking under the demand. The usual error message turns up a fair few times, but it's the general slowness that is the biggest drag. 

• Administrator

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

For now, I'm going to focus on doing whatever I can do to help make the nasty errors that everyone's been seeing today go away.

Regarding the long-term slowdown a few people have been mentioned, it's definitely something we've been monitoring and talking about how to solve. Our performance metrics suggest that the average load times have gradually worsened over the last few months. Not by a huge amount on average (less than a second), but still noticeable for a website where you load so many pages. 

Some features have worsened more than others. Some are mostly the same, while others show a more dramatic difference. In particular, things that involve heavy indexing (searches, using a large private message inbox, pulling up a profile page where activity displays, etc) have had some problems. Some of these problems are supposed to be improved and/or fixed entirely with upcoming boards upgrades. One such upgrade is planned for this Friday morning.

We're also exploring other ways to make things better, whether that be changes in hosting, adjusting plugins, or upgrading to higher membership levels with the boards provider (among other things)

I'm not exactly sure which things we'll wind up doing or when exactly they'll happen, but I wanted to at least let you know that we're aware of the problem and are working to solve it. I know that every fraction of a second of waiting time counts!

Thanks,

Scott

2 minutes ago, Scott =) said:

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

For now, I'm going to focus on doing whatever I can do to help make the nasty errors that everyone's been seeing today go away.

Regarding the long-term slowdown a few people have been mentioned, it's definitely something we've been monitoring and talking about how to solve. Our performance metrics suggest that the average load times have gradually worsened over the last few months. Not by a huge amount on average (less than a second), but still noticeable for a website where you load so many pages. 

Some features have worsened more than others. Some are mostly the same, while others show a more dramatic difference. In particular, things that involve heavy indexing (searches, using a large private message inbox, pulling up a profile page where activity displays, etc) have had some problems. Some of these problems are supposed to be improved and/or fixed entirely with upcoming boards upgrades. One such upgrade is planned for this Friday morning.

We're also exploring other ways to make things better, whether that be changes in hosting, adjusting plugins, or upgrading to higher membership levels with the boards provider (among other things)

I'm not exactly sure which things we'll wind up doing or when exactly they'll happen, but I wanted to at least let you know that we're aware of the problem and are actively working to solve it. I know that every fraction of a second of waiting time counts!

Thanks,

Scott

Cheers Scott. Keeping us posted is great, and it's good to know you're actively monitoring and looking for improvements on our behalf. (thumbsu