• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Something went wrong. Please try again.
3 3

165 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Marwood & I said:

Cheers Scott. Keeping us posted is great, and it's good to know you're actively monitoring and looking for improvements on our behalf. (thumbsu 

It is good to know that the problems are being worked on.

I don't now whether it's this, that, or the other thing, but board postings seem way down to me.  I was just looking at the G/S/B sales board and you don't have to go down far to find threads that haven't been posted in for hours.  Not long ago, threads would roll off the first page if they hadn't been posted in for longer than a couple of hours or so.  Same with the GA board (which is mainly what I read):  After the top few threads, threads on the first page haven't been posted in for 10 hours or more.  That didn't used to be the case.

My posts make up a pretty high percentage of all posts on the GA board in the past few days.  Wait a second ... I may have stumbled on the source of the problem. :idea:

Krapped out multiple times in the last few minutes.

We're sorry, but a temporary technical error has occurred which means we cannot display this site right now. 

MySQL server has gone away

You can try again by clicking the button below, or try again later. 

5 hours ago, Marwood & I said:

Cheers Scott. Keeping us posted is great, and it's good to know you're actively monitoring and looking for improvements on our behalf. (thumbsu 

Pictures are taking forever to load. I did a sales thread the other night and I could have washed all the windows in my house while I was waiting. 

PMs are still a mess. If I click on my "in box", I don't always FIND the pm I just sent. 

I do better searching with Google than with the search engine. The idea of a search in pms is great, but it does not work. I either get timed out, or get no answer when I know I spoke to one person in pms at least a dozen times and I'm searching using their ID.

Other than that, it's lovely 

5 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

Pictures are taking forever to load. I did a sales thread the other night and I could have washed all the windows in my house while I was waiting. 

PMs are still a mess. If I click on my "in box", I don't always FIND the pm I just sent. 

I do better searching with Google than with the search engine. The idea of a search in pms is great, but it does not work. I either get timed out, or get no answer when I know I spoke to one person in pms at least a dozen times and I'm searching using their ID.

Yes, that's my experience too. The PM system is easily the least effective / user friendly feature of the boards, yet it's arguably one of the most important. I dread to think what it's like for those running sales threads. Until it is replaced with something more aligned to a message inbox as we know it elsewhere we'll probably lose members as a result. It should never be a chore to do something so basic.

I have a lot of thoughts on why traffic may be down,  and suggestions to improve things. I was going to have a go now but - and i'm not making this up for effect - every action since I signed in this morning has taken over 10 seconds to fulfil.  @Scott =) I'm on my tablet, every other site I access is instantaneous but the boards give me a 10 to 15 second buffer on everything right now. Logging in, accessing notifications,  the all activity page. It's too slow my friend. 

Just now, Marwood & I said:

Yes, that's my experience too. The PM system is easily the least effective / user friendly feature of the boards, yet it's arguably one of the most important. I dread to think what it's like for those running sales threads. Until it is replaced with something more aligned to a message inbox as we know it elsewhere we'll probably lose members as a result. It should never be a chore to do something so basic.

I have a lot of thoughts on why traffic may be down,  and suggestions to improve things. I was going to have a go now but - and i'm not making this up for effect - every action since I signed in this morning has taken over 10 seconds to fulfil.  @Scott =) I'm on my tablet, every other site I access is instantaneous but the boards give me a 10 to 15 second buffer on everything right now. Logging in, accessing notifications,  the all activity page. It's too slow my friend. 

That post above took 12 seconds to land from the point I clicked submit. 

5 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

Any chance you could do my windows later Sharon?  They're filthy (thumbsu

13 hours ago, Scott =) said:

The boards vendor made a fix to hopefully stop people from getting those errors. If anyone sees that error again, please post here!

Thanks,

Scott

Been awful this morning.  All of the same old errors.

The switch to the current web host--which I assume happened when you converted to this new forum software--has been absolutely awful.  As one developer to another, when I have a client experiencing as many issues with a host as CGC is experiencing with this one, it's time to consider switching hosts.

1 hour ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

:hi:  Bye Bye MySQL server.

Do the board cyber fixer guys use dial up? It may be faster than this morning.