• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Something went wrong. Please try again.
3 3

165 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

You still use AOL Mail!?! :whatthe:

I'm too lazy to transfer my saved stuff to gmail;) I have a ton of saved emails. Besides, it's nostalgic;)

It's amazing that those posts showed, I couldn't see anything posted.

59df7242b8026_Screenshot2017-10-1208_12_34.thumb.png.7aa6e6160e4e05ef1453fcc8d76cddcf.png

Screenshot 2017-10-12 08.19.24.png

Screenshot 2017-10-12 08.10.22.png

1 hour ago, skypinkblu said:

I'm too lazy to transfer my saved stuff to gmail;) I have a ton of saved emails. Besides, it's nostalgic;)

It's amazing that those posts showed, I couldn't see anything posted.

59df7242b8026_Screenshot2017-10-1208_12_34.thumb.png.7aa6e6160e4e05ef1453fcc8d76cddcf.png

Screenshot 2017-10-12 08.19.24.png

Screenshot 2017-10-12 08.10.22.png

I have been seeing this type of connectivity on the boards for a week now. Not sure what is wrong. 

I CONSTANTLY get a "Secure Connection Failed" message in Firefox.  Also the browser tells me that the connection is not secure and that the site does not supply identity information. 

3 minutes ago, Transplant said:

I CONSTANTLY get a "Secure Connection Failed" message in Firefox.  Also the browser tells me that the connection is not secure and that the site does not supply identity information. 

I found your issue and highlighted it above.  Uninstall and try again.  :baiting:

I tried to log in from work earlier today and couldn't do a thing. Much better now though. Arch hasn't logged in since Monday so must be on holiday or something. Scott logged on an hour ago so I predict he'll be along soon with a detailed update...

6 hours ago, Marwood & I said:

I tried to log in from work earlier today and couldn't do a thing. Much better now though. Arch hasn't logged in since Monday so must be on holiday or something. Scott logged on an hour ago so I predict he'll be along soon with a detailed update...

Or maybe not!

• Administrator

I haven't forgotten about you! But I don't have a substantial update yet.

My post towards the bottom of page 5 of this thread is still the latest info I have to provide about the general slowness and intermittent errors you all have been reporting in the last few days.

I WILL say that the boards are being upgraded to a recently released version (4.2.5) about 10 minutes from now, which means a couple things to you:

1. The boards will be unavailable for about 5 minutes during the upgrade.
  2. Some of the issues that people have been reporting lately should be resolved by this upgrade (issues when editing posts, etc)
  3. The upgrade will probably NOT solve the general boards slowness, or random errors you all have been reporting lately. But as my post on page 5 describes, we are working on solutions for this.

The next release after 4.2.5 (4.2.6) is supposed to significantly improve search speed in the private messages section, especially for people with big inboxes. Hopefully 4.2.6 will become available in the next week or 2.

Thanks for your continued patience.

Scott

1 hour ago, Scott =) said:

I WILL say that the boards are being upgraded to a recently released version (4.2.5) about 10 minutes from now, which means a couple things to you:

The update caused the "post width" to become narrower. @Scott =)wide.thumb.jpg.45aec1934f0c5683415a826d4b44b3d9.jpg

Edited by BlowUpTheMoon

5 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

The update caused the "post width" to become narrower. @Scott =)wide.thumb.jpg.45aec1934f0c5683415a826d4b44b3d9.jpg

At first thought something wrong with browser. The narrow view blows. Fix it please.

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 10/14/2017 at 2:47 AM, Gotham Kid said:
On 10/13/2017 at 3:57 PM, Scott =) said:

That issue should be fixed now for everyone except admins.

If anyone else still sees it please let me know.

Scott

Thank you. Back to normal. (thumbsu

I think you mean "normal." :)