• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

QUESTION ? ....about FAMOUS MONSTERS

10 posts in this topic

I bought a piece of original art at Baltimore that was supposedly used as a pin up that came with an issue of Famous Monsters Of Filmland..... would like to find out, if so, which issue ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

fsfUBK9.jpg

37 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

I bought a piece of original art at Baltimore that was supposedly used as a pin up that came with an issue of Famous Monsters Of Filmland..... would like to find out, if so, which issue ? GOD BLESS...

fsfUBK9.jpg

I remember seeing advertisements for this in more than one issue. I'll check to see which issue had the pin up.

Jim

17 minutes ago, JustJimN said:

I remember seeing advertisements for this in more than one issue. I'll check to see which issue had the pin up.

Jim

Jimbo,

The advertisement was for a "Giant Life Size Frankenstein Pin-Up Over 6 Feet Tall. Drawn by Jack Davis. Only $2.00." It was advertised in a number of issues but I don't think it came as a pin-up with an issue. 

Jim

1 hour ago, JustJimN said:

Jimbo,

The advertisement was for a "Giant Life Size Frankenstein Pin-Up Over 6 Feet Tall. Drawn by Jack Davis. Only $2.00." It was advertised in a number of issues but I don't think it came as a pin-up with an issue. 

Jim

The Jack Davis pin-up was in the early 1960s. Since your art piece was 2002 there may have been a later FM that had that pin-up. I mainly collected FMs thru the 1980s.

Jim

6 minutes ago, JustJimN said:

It's very cool.

jim

....this sounds weird....but I keep waking up in the middle of the night to look at it..... I totally loved Stout's dinosaur stuff, and never realized he worked for Famous Monsters as well.... after checking eBay, I found several issues with his covers. Maybe it's in one of those. GOD BLESS...