• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tooting my own horn
3 3

64 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

During the fall of 2016 we got a weird cryptic phone call from someone at Warner Brothers television asking if we would be able to take a meeting with someone connected with the television series The Big Bang Theory. It is a marginally popular show about some nerds....oh, you've heard of it? Well we were incredibly curious for a number of reasons. For one, I and my promotions staff had been trying to lure Jim Parsons back to his hometown to do an in-store appearance for a few years. $100,000 for an appearance fee seemed a little steep. For another, well, anything connected with The Big Bang Theory sounds intriguing to a comic book store owner. They made a date and we said "Can't wait. Our people and your people. Look forward to it."

In early December we got a visit from Chuck Lorre and Steven Molaro, producer and writer of the show...

Left  to right...Steven Molaro, myself, Mike Steenbergen (my general manager), Chuck Lorre

youngsheldon1.jpg

:xCan any of us be any more in LOVE with the one and only, the, Great Ritchie Bedrock  :foryou::whee:

Pretty cool, welcome to my world, tv land. We have research and clearance people in the art dept on every show to make sure everything is perfect down to the last detail. And you have to get every single thing that shows on camera cleared first (You cant just throw any random comic or piece of artwork on set, it has to get clearance first, we've been held up many times because a picture was hanging on the wall that didnt get cleared).  A LOT of work to get these shows made.

And not to toot my own horn, but you can catch my name in the end credits of 2 shows every week, Blacklist  on NBC and Bull on CBS

If I could toot my own horn, I'd never leave the house!

That's seriously cool! I can't stand BBT, but I'm all about Bedrock getting some love. Good on ya!

13 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

very cool-- I noticed it after watching the show and reading the vanity card.

Was Bedrock City Comics around in 1989?

I grew up in Houston and worked in a shop here from 1978 to 1981. I was managing a store in Albuquerque in 1988 and 1989. I opened Bedrock City in March of 1990.

4 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

I hope we will see Sheldon pick up some 1988 galoob Star Trek figures ...a "Wesley crusher" pre cursor. 

:idea: