• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] HG Copper/Modern Keys: Discounted for NorCal Wildfire Relief - RECAP Page 5 (20 posts/page format)
1 1

89 posts in this topic

On September 28, 2017 at 5:37 AM, davedawgbg said:

Daredevil #131: VF/NM – $150

General handling wear but still sharp corners and great color.  There is a date stamp on the front cover right next to Bullseye’s head which I know does not technically affect grade but I don’t like them and is pretty much the only reason I didn’t have this book graded.

IMG_8870.JPG

IMG_8871.JPG

:takeit:per PM

*STILL AVAILABLE RECAP: 10/7/17*

CLICK ON THE "PAGE#" TO JUMP TO THE PAGE CONTAINING THE LISTING YOU'D LIKE TO VIEW

PAGE 1:

Batman 700 Red Hood Variant

Brave & the Bold #200

DC Comics Presents #47

Detective Comics #880

10 Comic Variant Pack

Grimm Fairy Tales Presents: Alice in Wonderland #1 "Blue Rainbow" Variant

Moon Knight #55

New Mutants #87 & Uncanny X-Men #201

Omega Men #3

Spectacular Spider-Man #64

Star Wars #107

PAGE 2:

Witchblade #117 (Jay Company Virgin Sketch Variant)

X-Factor #6

Amazing Spider-Man #36 (Vol 2)

Wolverine #1 & #10 (1988)

Deadpool #68 & #69

Batman #635

PAGE 3:

Punisher War Journal #1 & #2

Batman #608-619 (entire HUSH storyline)

Daredevil #110 (Vol 2) Regular, 2nd Print & Aja Variant

Justice League New 52 #40

Suicide Squad #1 (1987)

Edited by davedawgbg
Additional comics added

If you have never put in any thought as to how you would react in an emergency whether it directly affects you, your neighbor, someone you know well, a stranger you never met, near or far, you need to do it and you need to do it today.

If you don’t have a go bag, have not figured out what you would grab in the event you must leave your home or where these items are, you need to do it and you need to do it today.

If you have not backed up any important or irreplaceable documents/records/photos/videos and created a flash drive/removable media/device you can grab on your way out the door, you need to do it and you need to do it today.

I work nights so I have weird message board hours as evidenced by when I post things and am able to read/respond to messages.  This availability has been rendered even more scarce this month with the extraordinary disaster taking place in the North Bay Area.  This hits especially close to home for me as both my parents grew up in, met, graduated and got married (49 years ago next May) in Sonoma, and we still have many in-laws, family friends and co-workers in both affected areas. 

As I write this, the smallest of those fires is now at 45% contained with the other major 3 over 50% so it is just finally starting to be controlled in Napa and Sonoma County, but mandatory evacuations are now in effect for the ‘Bear Wildfire’ taking place in the Santa Cruz mountains just South of the Silicon Valley so a new disaster is potentially brewing.  Although a vast improvement from this time last week at the height of the fury, the air quality continues to be an issue for everyone whether in the path of flames or a distant spectator.

KgJlyP.jpg

My wife and I are very fortunate that we do not live in an immediate area and were not subject to evacuation, requiring rescue or forced to a shelter, but despite living 40 miles south from the epicenter this is what it looks like outside my front door today (those aren't clouds obscuring the hillside):

ZQWcbi.jpg

This is what it looked like as I was driving a week ago when I could see the sun perfectly through the poison lingering in the air with no eye protection:

PBewbD.jpg

And this is what just the front corner of the living room in our 1-bedroom apartment looks like:

k94D37.jpg

I have no idea what 80% of this is or who it belongs to (the comic boxes at the top are mine).  As the last shelter closed yesterday many were allowed to return to their homes if they still exist, the rest have nowhere called ‘home’ to go.  So this is what we ended up with, a place for friends of friends to leave whatever items they had the time, ability and wherewithal to grab on the way out of their house without knowing if they would ever come back through the door.  I have put only 4000 miles on my car I’ve own since February, nearly 1000 of that coming just in the last six days delivering supplies, personal items and displaced residents to the homes of loved ones and complete strangers gracious enough to offer more than a cot and a sleeping bag inside a high school gym to someone that literally has nothing but the clothes on their bodies, and perhaps one of these items in my (and many other peoples) living room.

Because of this I've done a poor job managing my time while working such rough hours during the night and devoting so much of my days to the road.  As much as it pails in comparison to what is truly important I've  let my threads lapse and made my customers that have communicated appropriately, paid in a timely manner and/or adhered to the rules suffer.  It's now time to take care of everyone and get things moving again here to help those in a much worse position than we.

Everything remaining in this thread is now 10% off whatever the posted price and shipping will be included for any orders inside the U.S.  I don’t have a percentage in mind to donate because I don’t know what else may end up selling.  Although every little bit helps, if I say 50% and I only sell a $30 book I’ll barely be capable of justifying putting pen to paper to myself, and if everything were to sell I may just donate all of it, I don’t know yet because we are still not close to a resolution to this disaster. 

If there isn’t anything you want here I would implore you to go to either of the sites below and give what you can.  This has all but paralyzed the Bay Area, and despite what I’ve seen some cynical news outlets reporting, this was not only huge estate wineries or multi-million mansions destroyed.  These are largely rural areas, the type of communities with no paved sidewalks, no fences between properties and a two lane road in and out of the neighborhood with a culvert on the side for drainage.

www.napavalleycf.org

www.sonomacf.org

7 hours ago, bluehorseshoe said:

World War Hulk #1-5: NM – $20 :takeit:

Punisher War Journal #1 & #2: Both NM+ –  $15 :takeit:

7 hours ago, DavidTheDavid said:

I'll take the two Wolverine comics and the DC Comics Presents.

4 hours ago, AmazingComics413 said:

ASM 36 :takeit: @10% off

All sold  (worship)