• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zip A Dee Doo Dah....MLJ Zip comics 8-35 finished!

117 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

Another cool one

E8164819-2393-428C-AEBA-9522B2374F1C.jpeg

Plus the Dicky in the Magic Forest stories are absolutely wild! :applause: 

Something always bothered me on this cover though. I think his right hand is supposed to be around the flame creatures throat but was mis-colored as the background. Otherwise his arm looks too short...hm

Edited by Jayman

On 9/29/2017 at 6:40 PM, G.A.tor said:

Howdy folks

here is a run I started many years ago. Was visiting electron in Minnesota and he turned me onto zips. I bought the mile high 32-34 from verzyl when he broke the run years ago, but sold them to "downgrade" 

slowly picked them up here and there as I've had opportunities. Have a few high grades but mostly low grade copies 

what a fun run to collect

as with any run, couldn't have done it without friends   

In fact, the last issue I needed a friend "gave" to me so I could complete  

Like the centaur thread, will post one a day. Have many I want to upgrade, but for now, it is what it is!

IMG_5615.JPG

Congrats on your run, Rick. So cool to see the results years later! I still remember the look on your face as we looked at some of the splash pages in those books. You were hooked that day..

On 9/30/2017 at 9:18 AM, buttock said:

Here's a shot a buddy and I put together a few years back.  Not sure how many have been added to our collections since.  

IMG_5989.JPG

Just an incredible group shot. 3 issues of 33! and 4 issues 34!! How is that even possible??? I'm not sure I've seen four 34s for sale in all the years I've been collecting the title.

28 minutes ago, Electron said:

Congrats on your run, Rick. So cool to see the results years later! I still remember the look on your face as we looked at some of the splash pages in those books. You were hooked that day..

I was indeed...you are clearly responsible!