• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zip A Dee Doo Dah....MLJ Zip comics 8-35 finished!

117 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, Electron said:

Right there with you pal. Also has one of the most gruesome splashes as well...

zip30splash.jpg

I have a lower grade raw copy just for this splash...in fact, this might have been the first splash you showed me years ago that really solidified the desire to collect this run 

On 10/23/2017 at 4:09 AM, G.A.tor said:

Zip 32

When verzyl broke the church run a few years ago , I bought the 32-34 (about the best trio). They didn’t fit my vg/fn mindset so sold them back

c’est la vie!

8BAFF0D2-26DE-4E49-BB48-501A1D77B604.jpeg

You sold the Church copies of three of the best ones in the run? What were you on dope?

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

You sold the Church copies of three of the best ones in the run? What were you on dope?

At the time I thought $25,000 was better spent on other books 

In hindsight maybe I should have kept but I’m just as happy with my copies for a whole lot less money :)

57 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

And with this post , our zip journey is complete

thanks to all that have come along for the short ride

issue 35

F16C9E29-993F-4E21-955A-39440BC845AA.jpeg

Awesome run! Thanks for posting. Looking at the issues after this, I can see your reason to end at 35. The covers take on a lighthearted tone then switch over to the "Hey, Rube!" covers. Definitely not as interesting as these early issues.