• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bigger SA Key: Tec 359 or Batman 181?
2 2

Bigger SA Key  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Bigger SA Key: Tec 359 or Batman 181?

• Detective Comics 359
    • Batman 181
    • Not sure/can't decide

35 posts in this topic

54 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

Historically, heroes are valued more than villains.  

Batgirl > Poison Ivy

Tec 359 is the more "important" book, imo.

Yes on both accounts!

5 hours ago, Riddler said:

the tec359 is probably more significant and valuable... but census numbers for bat 181 is lower in high grade so i think there's some scarcity value there

Don't know if that's really true unless you only consider high grade to be 9.6+, I know a couple of those 9.6 359's on the census are ghost copies also.

Bat 181

9.0 31 9.2 24 9.4 21 9.6 6 9.8 2

Tec 359 - 

9.0 31 9.2 16 9.4 16 9.6 11 9.8 4

Personally I don't think it's really a close comparison between the 2 books in terms of value/significance.

Edited by TeddieMercede

1 hour ago, kagemusha7s said:

I was just searching ebay results for this Batman 181.... An 8.5 sold about a month ago for $1279 and this month for $2500???  Did someone get a great deal on the first one, or did someone pay way too much for the latter?

A 9.0 sold for $2400 on CLink earlier this year and there was a sale at $4000 earlier this month, so it's definitely on the rise toward the higher end of the scale.

Still, 'Tec 359 is definitely a bigger key, no question. Batgirl has been huge since her introduction, appearing in the TV show, a movie, long-running back-ups in 'Tec and numerous lengthy solo title runs. Ivy's a great character, but she's going to have to do a lot to even begin to come close to Batgirl's body of work.

On 9/30/2017 at 11:42 PM, Callaway29 said:

I can’t argue with the above statements, but purely from a personal “which character do I find more interesting” perspective, ivy...no question.

Out of curiosity, is there a 'classic' Poison Ivy story out there the way there are classic Joker, Riddler, Two-Face stories? I am struggling to think of any.

On 9/30/2017 at 1:26 PM, piper said:

It seems hard to find a nice copy of Batman 181. I've been keeping my eye open for a 6.0 ish copy.

Go high grade or go home. :baiting:  lol 

You should have snagged the 5.5 I had at Edmonton a couple of weeks ago before it sold. 

24 minutes ago, Point Five said:

Out of curiosity, is there a 'classic' Poison Ivy story out there the way there are classic Joker, Riddler, Two-Face stories? I am struggling to think of any.

Can’t help u there...I’m sure Batgirl’s classic content outweighs Ivy’s, but I still find her persona more intriguing/fun (sexy, strong, cool powers, mysterious, etc..). Interesting that she was inspired by a 1800’s short story too...

25 minutes ago, Point Five said:

If I'm honest, I can't think of too many Batgirl classics either. Just wondering aloud if there was an ultimate Ivy story to read.

I feel like she was/is a bigger deal in the Bronze age and forward

On 9/30/2017 at 8:27 PM, Martin Sinescu said:

Still, 'Tec 359 is definitely a bigger key, no question. Batgirl has been huge since her introduction, appearing in the TV show, a movie, long-running back-ups in 'Tec and numerous lengthy solo title runs. Ivy's a great character, but she's going to have to do a lot to even begin to come close to Batgirl's body of work.

+1

Yes, Ivy's going to have to do a lot to come close to Yvonne Craig's body, let alone her body of work.  lol

4 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

+1

Yes, Ivy's going to have to do a lot to come close to Yvonne Craig's body, let alone her body of work.  lol

Did you see the boardie that was dressed up as Poison Ivy?