• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bigger SA Key: Tec 359 or Batman 181?
2 2

Bigger SA Key  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Bigger SA Key: Tec 359 or Batman 181?

• Detective Comics 359
    • Batman 181
    • Not sure/can't decide

35 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Point Five said:

If I'm honest, I can't think of too many Batgirl classics either. Just wondering aloud if there was an ultimate Ivy story to read.

Batgirl: Year One was pretty great. Also, I really like the early stories in Detective because they did initially try to build her up as an independent "detective" type, but they soon started trying to force her into situations where she allegedly had a "thing" for Batman which tended to be a little silly. There's a Batgirl Omnibus coming out at Christmas that I'm really looking forward to as I've never really read though her early backup stories. Really curious about the time she runs for office (late 70's, I think). 

Really, though, your point about Ivy is true for many of the Batman villains. Joker has had a number of home runs, and Ra's al Ghul's first few appearances are undoubtedly superior, but typically I've struggled to come up with "definitive" Riddler, Penguin, Ivy, etc. stories. Alan Moore did a superb stand-alone Clayface III story for one of the annuals that the other villains could only dream about. Ivy did have a pretty nice run in the Pre-Crisis years where she was maneuvering a takeover of Wayne Enterprises that I really liked. Honestly, I think many of the best stories for a lot of the Rogues Gallery can be found in the Animated Series. The Mr. Freeze origin story in particular was stunning.

26 minutes ago, Martin Sinescu said:

Anyone notice this last night?

5a1f6216eca0a_CLinkBatman18110000.thumb.jpg.a8968627cf6dee55f23fd955c072ed15.jpg

My former copy that I threw up on clink.  Perfect centering and looks fantastic for the grade. Other 9.4s have corner wear which is really noticeable on the red cover but this was sharp

Edited by Riddler

3 minutes ago, Riddler said:

My copy that I threw up on clink.  Perfect centering and looks fantastic for the grade. Other 9.4s have corner wear which is really noticeable on the red cover but this was sharp

That's awesome, congrats! You let it go 'cause you got an upgrade, right?