• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sketchbook stolen

19 posts in this topic

Hi everybody,

Last night my storage shed by somebody.  It was a crime of opportunity.

Mostly what was stolen were tools and a few graded books.  The item of true value is a custom bound Sketch book with sketches of Golden Age Sandman.  The spine is lebeled sandman mystery theater in rose gold.  This is possibly my most prize possession.  It contains sketches by John Cassaday, Mark Brooks, George Perez, Glenn Fabry, Steve Dillon, Carl Potts, Gabrelle Dell otto, Gesseppe camuncoli, Alan Davis, Adam Hughes, Sam Kieth, Kelley Jones, Rob Liefeld, Ben Templesmith, Karre Andrews, and more.  if anybody spots this sketchbook in its entirety or single sketches sliced from it please contact me and the police.  I am offering a small reward as I am not a rich man.

I live in lewisville texas a suburb of dallas and the local shops know about it so does every shop within 50 miles of me.  If for some reason the person who stole this item comes on here and sees this I will let them return it no questions asked.

Please Help

Guys If everybody would print out this post with my email address Kris_comics@yahoo.com and take it to your local comic shop no matter where you are in the united states or canada and ask them to post in there local retailer webgroup It might help me to retrieve the book someday. I don't think it will leave texas maybe not even the city but I am desperate and heartbroken. I know it sounds stupid to be that wrapped up in a book but I am not rich I didn't just throw money at this book I went to many conventions and store signings and got the sketches one at a time back when artist didn't mind sketching for a fee or for free. 

I'm really sorry for your loss. This might be apple and oranges, but this April I lost the sketchbook that got me started collecting art. They were mostly freebies, but it's the memories of interacting with the creators, like Herb Trimpe, that I valued the most. This is to say that I feel your pain.

Anyway, based on another experience, please file a police report. It's likely that you already did; but if you haven't, no one (e.g. a local comic shop owner) can do anything about recovering your stolen possession without a police report.

Best of luck...

I am very sorry to hear about this and I wish you the best of luck in the book being returned. I am nearing the completion of my first sketchbook and, while there is nothing of high monetary value in the book, I would also be heartbroken if it were stolen or lost. 

15 minutes ago, SignatureSelect said:

The sketchbook as well as other property was recovered today by the police and one of the suspects is in custody.  It is a good day.  I lost some stuff but it appears what was not recovered can be purchased at a later date.  

Great news - congratulations.

43 minutes ago, SignatureSelect said:

The sketchbook as well as other property was recovered today by the police and one of the suspects is in custody.  It is a good day.  I lost some stuff but it appears what was not recovered can be purchased at a later date.  

Wonderful, so glad the sketchbook has been recovered

17 hours ago, SignatureSelect said:

Awesome news. Congrats.

Out of curiousity, would you consider sharing some of the art from the recovered sketch book.