• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Spawn #233 Black and White sketch 1:25 incentive

11 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Ryanfromottawa said:

Well it’s kind of hard to see a clear shot of the spine but I’d say 9.6-9.8 , if you look at it under the light and you don’t see any stress marks along the spine , chances are it will be 9.8

The book is in flawless condition, except for that spine stress in picture #3. I just measured it and it is approximately 1/32 of an inch, so very small. Is that going to bring it down to a 9.6?

40 minutes ago, Ryanfromottawa said:

That’s tough to say, I’d say you are 50/50 between 9.6 to 9.8  .... sorry I can’t give you a more definitive answer.... but I will say , that if I were you I would submit it 

Thanks! Anyone else mind giving their opinion? The more the merrier :)

It's really difficult to make out the severity of the spine issue from your photographs. From what I can see I'd rule out 9.8. TBH, as it is clearly colour-breaking I'd rollout 9.6 and 9.4 as well.

9.2 for me.

I'm probably wrong though.

I'm also at 9.6 to 9.8. But leaning toward 9.8. I've sent in books that I thought were absolutely flawless but received a 9.6. The devils in the details but I'd roll the dice and submit it.

7 hours ago, Stryfe1000 said:

It's really difficult to make out the severity of the spine issue from your photographs. From what I can see I'd rule out 9.8. TBH, as it is clearly colour-breaking I'd rollout 9.6 and 9.4 as well.

9.2 for me.

I'm probably wrong though.

It is colour breaking, but the fact that it is only a 1/32 of an inch makes me hope (and I really hope) that it will get a higher grade. Thanks for the reply though :)

Anyone 

3 hours ago, poppy73 said:

I'm also at 9.6 to 9.8. But leaning toward 9.8. I've sent in books that I thought were absolutely flawless but received a 9.6. The devils in the details but I'd roll the dice and submit it.

The difference between 9.6 and 9.8 can be quite subjective. Thanks for your reply :)