• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HARI AND ORIGINAL ART

19 posts in this topic

As far as original comic art is concerned, I honestly think the hobby may break out into mainstream someday. There are serious impediments to this, such as the nature of comic books being geared predominantly towards children and the prevalent opinion among the fine art community that comic-related art is not "worthy" of greatness, but I think that it will be accepted as a valuable and respected form of pop culture art and commercial art over time. Obviously, I'm biased, but I believe it will happen. Someday, the great works of Frazetta, Wrightson, Romita, Steranko, Kirby and Ditko will be in major museums as fine art. And when that happens, prices will go through the roof!

Someday, the great works of Frazetta, Wrightson, Romita, Steranko, Kirby and Ditko will be in major museums as fine art. And when that happens, prices will go through the roof!

Don't forget Norm Saunders!! hail.gif

fear.jpg

chock.jpg

Wow! You guys beat me to it. I was going to post a link to my article just now, but lo and behold one already exists!

Thanks for all the kind words. I genuinely love this hobby (both books and art). It's been like air to me since I was 13. And, I was thrilled to have the opportunity to tell others exactly why.

All the best,

Hari,

That two-page Elektra-Kirigi set you have is awesome. cloud9.gif

Really, everything listed there is amazing, but being a huge Frank Miller fan, it is really cool to see those two pages together.

Do you have them framed in a single frame? I just picked up a Miller page from the recent Heritage auction that is consecutive with a page I already had and am considering framing them as a single unit, so to speak. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

By the way, had lots of fun reading your interview! 893applaud-thumb.gif It is always cool to read the collecting history of someone who started collecting at about the same time as I did and to see what different twists and turns someone else's collecting road took.

Hi,

Getting the two consecutive Elektra/Kirigi pages was, to say the least, difficult. The seller was reluctant, and I had to pay two to three times what Miller DD pages were going for at the time, which was already expensive.

I love them, and even better.. my wife loves them too! I've always been meaning to frame them together, and will some day, but haven't yet.

Glad you enjoyed the article. I hope my excitement for the hobby came through.

Hi,

Getting the two consecutive Elektra/Kirigi pages was, to say the least, difficult. The seller was reluctant, and I had to pay two to three times what Miller DD pages were going for at the time, which was already expensive.

I love them, and even better.. my wife loves them too! I've always been meaning to frame them together, and will some day, but haven't yet.

Glad you enjoyed the article. I hope my excitement for the hobby came through.

It definitely came through. I liked the bit about how you got your wife to be an Elektra fan by getting her to read the Miller DD/Elektra stories. I had Elizabeth read all three volumes of the Frank Miller DD TPBs from his first run on the title and it had the same effect. She'll read pretty much anything with Elektra in it now. smile.gif

So do you have them framed together in a single unit or are they framed/kept separately?