• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rich's Oct. pre-sale s/s thread, NYCC Exclusives, Dell'Otto, JSC, Avengers & JLA cast, much more
7 7

141 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Rich_Henn said:

Iron Fist #73 (lenticular) s/s  Ed Brisson (writer) - $125

Only three (3) spots on this one

Add Claremont optional, $15

ironfist73lenticular.jpg

:takeit: Rich: One copy please and add Claremont - thanks - Mike

13 hours ago, Rich_Henn said:

Not many mainstream books really excite me these days---HOWEVER----this is the one to pick up.  There's innuendo online that it's sold out already---albeit, I never understood how something could be "sold out" before it hits the shelves.  But my LCS did warn me that I should grab multiple copies because they are expecting to clean out, and there is a great amount of buzz behind the book right now. 

BATMAN: WHITE KNIGHT #1 by Sean Gordon Murphy.

Batman & Joker role reversal---here's some more on the book---most here probably are already aware of the title, but it's going to beat Dark Night Metal IMHO.  But this----THIS is what sells you.   Murphy says, "We know the Joker is a genius, we know he's relentless, and we know he can play the crowd, so why not make him a politician?" Murphy asks. "Frank Miller modeled him after David Bowie. Chris Nolan showed him as a controlled sociopath. I see the Joker as Don Draper."

Don.  Effin. DRAPER.   Mad Men.  Mad MAN.   coolio.

"In a world where Batman has gone too far, The Joker must save Gotham City.

He’s been called a maniac, a killer and the “Clown Prince of Crime” but “white knight”? Never. Until now…

Set in a world where the Joker is cured of his insanity and homicidal tendencies, The Joker, now known as “Jack,” sets about trying to right his wrongs. First he plans to reconcile with Harley Quinn, and then he’ll try to save the city from the one person who he thinks is truly Gotham City’s greatest villain: Batman!

Superstar writer and artist Sean Murphy (PUNK ROCK JESUS, THE WAKE) presents a seven-issue miniseries of a twisted Gotham City with a massive cast of heroes and villains that, at its heart, is a tragic story of a hero and a villain: Batman and The Joker. But which is the hero—and which the villain?"

And this online URL features snyopsis, artwork, reviews.

https://www.wired.com/story/batman-joker-villain/

So here's what I have in hand for signature series----and keep in mind, Sean Gordon Murphy doesn't do many shows---personally, I typically only see him once a year at NYCC, but I did catch him earlier in May, back at Five Points Fest.

BATMAN: WHITE KNIGHT #1 (standard cover) s/s Sean Gordon Murphy - $135

Five (5) spots (I may possibly get more)

batmanwhite1B.jpg

13 hours ago, Rich_Henn said:

BATMAN: WHITE KNIGHT #1 (SGM  NYCC Exclusive cover) s/s Sean Gordon Murphy - $155

Ten (10) spots (I may possibly get more)

DIaND9jUMAAsHBp-600x910.jpg

3 hours ago, Rich_Henn said:

All-New Guardians of the Galaxy #9 (Nirvana record album homage variant) s/s Gerry Duggan - $125

Only 1 spot on this --- I had to prescreen over a dozen copies just to find one solid 9.8  :-(

guardiansgalaxy9.jpg

:takeit:one of each of these please - thanks!

52 minutes ago, Rich_Henn said:

My favorite lenticular thus far---

ROYALS #9 (X-Men 142 homage) s/s Juan Doe (cover art) - $125

Chris Claremont add-on optional - $15

three (3) spots right now, can get more if neccessary

royals9.jpg

:takeit: Rich: One copy please and add Claremont - thanks - Mike

13 minutes ago, Rich_Henn said:

X-Men Gold #13 (X-Men #100 lenticular homage) s/s Ben Caldwell (cover art) - $125

Two (2) spots

Claremont add-on optional - $15

xmengoldlenticular.jpg

:takeit: Rich: One copy with Claremont please - thanks - Mike

Edited by Taxmick1

22 hours ago, Rich_Henn said:

Not many mainstream books really excite me these days---HOWEVER----this is the one to pick up.  There's innuendo online that it's sold out already---albeit, I never understood how something could be "sold out" before it hits the shelves.  But my LCS did warn me that I should grab multiple copies because they are expecting to clean out, and there is a great amount of buzz behind the book right now. 

BATMAN: WHITE KNIGHT #1 by Sean Gordon Murphy.

Batman & Joker role reversal---here's some more on the book---most here probably are already aware of the title, but it's going to beat Dark Night Metal IMHO.  But this----THIS is what sells you.   Murphy says, "We know the Joker is a genius, we know he's relentless, and we know he can play the crowd, so why not make him a politician?" Murphy asks. "Frank Miller modeled him after David Bowie. Chris Nolan showed him as a controlled sociopath. I see the Joker as Don Draper."

Don.  Effin. DRAPER.   Mad Men.  Mad MAN.   coolio.

"In a world where Batman has gone too far, The Joker must save Gotham City.

He’s been called a maniac, a killer and the “Clown Prince of Crime” but “white knight”? Never. Until now…

Set in a world where the Joker is cured of his insanity and homicidal tendencies, The Joker, now known as “Jack,” sets about trying to right his wrongs. First he plans to reconcile with Harley Quinn, and then he’ll try to save the city from the one person who he thinks is truly Gotham City’s greatest villain: Batman!

Superstar writer and artist Sean Murphy (PUNK ROCK JESUS, THE WAKE) presents a seven-issue miniseries of a twisted Gotham City with a massive cast of heroes and villains that, at its heart, is a tragic story of a hero and a villain: Batman and The Joker. But which is the hero—and which the villain?"

And this online URL features snyopsis, artwork, reviews.

https://www.wired.com/story/batman-joker-villain/

So here's what I have in hand for signature series----and keep in mind, Sean Gordon Murphy doesn't do many shows---personally, I typically only see him once a year at NYCC, but I did catch him earlier in May, back at Five Points Fest.

BATMAN: WHITE KNIGHT #1 (standard cover) s/s Sean Gordon Murphy - $135

Five (5) spots (I may possibly get more)

batmanwhite1B.jpg

BATMAN: WHITE KNIGHT #1 (standard cover) s/s Sean Gordon Murphy

I'm on the show floor and will try to update this thread as often as I can. Here's my first on site nycc exclusive. You saw earlier how much I raved about this book. Here is the dark Ark nycc exclusive. Print run is only 300 copies, but they slammed 50. So only 250 are available to the public.

DARK ARK #1 NYCC s/s Juan Doe -$145

Ten spots

IMG_20171005_113355726_HDR.jpg