• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Great Title Logos & Awful Title Logos
2 2

145 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Yep. Find me one that gets better. There must be one, surely...

The second Dazzler logo looks like it was designed by a seventh grader.

2 minutes ago, kav said:

The second Dazzler logo looks like it was designed by a seventh grader.

It does. Is there some law, sewn into the fabric of time and space,  that all new logo's must be rubbish? If only comparatively to the previous / original one? 

8 minutes ago, stock_rotation said:

You had your answer to #2 back in October 2017, courtesy of Ken Aldred, on page 1 of this thread: The X-Men logo

I'll give you the same response I gave him:

spkyrll.gif.424a1aeadeef575a95e4b262b094ca5e.gif.962c5e83fe04b4667c65b7593b52bb0d.gif

1 minute ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Fetching. 

Where's Fat Arse Girl?

I'll fetch her

2 hours ago, kav said:

How are you gus finding out who designed logos?

Being way too into old comics/cartoons pretty much lol  But the Ha Ha logo is the only one I know, mainly because you can spot Jim Tyer's art from a mile away and ken Hultgren's too, he did the other Ha Ha logo's....

out.jpg.350aab333fd4e39adda7a4bd5e00e95c.jpg

2 minutes ago, catman76 said:

Being way too into old comics/cartoons pretty much lol  But the Ha Ha logo is the only one I know, mainly because you can spot Jim Tyer's art from a mile away and ken Hultgren's too, he did the other Ha Ha logo's....

out.jpg.350aab333fd4e39adda7a4bd5e00e95c.jpg

Ah ha!

While maybe not visually from a personal viewpoint... Arguably, the second is better than the first just for clarity. (Many kids may not have known what "Dr." meant.)

(Images from MyComicShop.)

614869.jpg

604633.jpg

Edited by sckao

4 minutes ago, sckao said:

While maybe not visually from a personal viewpoint... Arguably, the second is better than the first just for clarity. (Many kids may not have known what "Dr." meant.)

(Images from MyComicShop.)

614869.jpg

604633.jpg

A good attempt sckao! Personally, I never liked either logo. Not strange enough. And a little too similar. Have another go :)

2 hours ago, oakman29 said:

Steranko

I have a signed print by him also a few by Wally Wood Jack Davis Will Eisner Harvey Kurtzman Berni Wrightson Hal Foster George Evans. I got them all back in the late 70's as limited editions and they are in black and white.(worship) I'll let you know when I post the photo's.(thumbsu