• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone going to NYCC and willing to help?

6 posts in this topic

I tried this for SDCC with no luck so let's double down!

I would like to pay someone to secure me one of Frank Cho's sketch covers. I would be able to provide a (small) finders fee and of course paypal the cost of the art and the shipping once it is secure. Let me know if you are able to help!!

Thanks!

What are you looking for? I'll be at NY and going to Frank's table. If there's something he has on his table that you want, I probably can pick you up a copy.  I can't guarantee condition though.  and if you're looking for him to do a sketch, I probably can't do that, because if he's will to do a sketch I'll be doing that myself.  but if you're looking for one of his comics I can probably pick you up a  copy.

On 10/3/2017 at 1:08 PM, n2wdw said:

What are you looking for? I'll be at NY and going to Frank's table. If there's something he has on his table that you want, I probably can pick you up a copy.  I can't guarantee condition though.  and if you're looking for him to do a sketch, I probably can't do that, because if he's will to do a sketch I'll be doing that myself.  but if you're looking for one of his comics I can probably pick you up a  copy.

so rush to Franks table, secure you a sketch, pay for your sketch out of pocket, pickup sketch from Frank and then the guy with 6 posts will send you the money via paypal  Ok Im in .  NOT

15 hours ago, Pirate said:

so rush to Franks table, secure you a sketch, pay for your sketch out of pocket, pickup sketch from Frank and then the guy with 6 posts will send you the money via paypal  Ok Im in .  NOT

Thanks for weighing in! Anybody else that is not interested in helping but is interested in making baseless assumptions just go ahead and keep it to yourself.

Thanks!

14 hours ago, sfdazed25 said:

Thanks for weighing in! Anybody else that is not interested in helping but is interested in making baseless assumptions just go ahead and keep it to yourself.

Thanks!

Pirate has a very direct style of posting that might rub people the wrong way, but there's generally a large element of truth just underneath the playful surface. 

The truth is that Frank's sketch covers can be difficult to get.  For years, he wouldn't do any sketches at shows outside of quick doodles.  In recent years, he has been doing a couple of sketch covers that are far more refined.  These tend to be highly sought after and fetch a pretty penny when auctioned. 

Add in the fact that the the only reward for someone securing this coveted item for you is a small (your word) finder's fee and that to date, you haven't been a regularly active contributor to these boards...most people here don't know you well. 

You'd increase your chances significantly if you either A) increased you finder's fee from "small" to "substantial", B) make connections by becoming a more active member here on the forums, or C) some combination of A and B. 

Or you could contact one of the many facilitators who do this kind of thing regularly and see what they'd charge to do this for you. 

But your request as it stands now is not very enticing to the average reader. :foryou:

Your best bet is usually friends in the hobby that are attending the show to pick up, as it is a lot to ask for something like this, especially when it's Cho, Campbell, AH!, etc.  But without the personal connections, I'd recommend you use someone like http://www.comicsketchart.com/ who specifically do these kind of pickups for a fee. Doug is good people and I believe he gets good access to Frank's sketch covers. But as mentioned above Frank's sketch covers are very pricey. But just reach out to Doug and he'll take care of you.

Good luck!