• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When you comment on CAF -what is the threshold?
1 1

28 posts in this topic

What Fred said above -  those who actively solicit or campaign for comments always strikes me as odd. I had to ask a fellow collector to stop FB messaging me fishing for comments every time  they posted something new (I explained that the email and multiple forums it was posted was plenty for me to know they had new art). 

I commented on a recent FB post about a piece of art and the reply was - it's on CAF, if you like leave a comment ... this struck me as very odd as well

Edited by JadeGiant

It's always nice to receive an insightful comment beyond "nice piece."  I remember looking at a panel page in someone's gallery and discovering one of the panels was actually a cover image.  I commented and think the owner got a kick out of it.

Of course you're nobody until you've received the prestigious "baller" award comment on one of your pieces.

Edited by Reader

On 4-10-2017 at 3:21 AM, comix4fun said:

Primarily I look for something begging to have a funny comment left upon it. Then I gauge how well I know the owner to discern how well he can take a joke. Then I ignore the second part and leave the funny comment anyway. 

Call Bill Cox and ask him to set up the software so animated gifs can be put in the comments section. I'm sure traffic will spike.

6 hours ago, chromium said:

Call Bill Cox and ask him to set up the software so animated gifs can be put in the comments section. I'm sure traffic will spike.

Yes - but it will just make it all the more tacky.:insane::insane: